Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is India’s largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 330,180 crore ($50.9 billion), cash profit of INR 42,800 crore ($6.6 billion), and net profit of INR 29,901 crore ($4.6 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2017. Our vision has pushed us to achieve global leadership in many of our businesses – including our position as the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world. In 2004, we became the first private sector company from India to feature in Fortune’s Global 500 list of ‘World’s Largest Corporations’ – currently ranking 203rd in terms of revenues, and 110th in terms of profits in the world. Today, Reliance stands 106th in the ‘Forbes Global 2000’ rankings for 2017 – the top-most among Indian companies. RIL ranks 10th in LinkedIn’s 2017 list of ‘Top Companies Where India Wants to Work Now’.
Job Title: Research Assistant
- Carry out assigned technical jobs of conducting experiments and upkeep of equipment/units laboratory/pilot plant and record data with diligence.
- Set up reactor assemblies /experimental set ups to carry out tests/experiments.
- Carry out preparation/synthesis of samples in lab scale.
- Doing structural, textural & mechanical testing/ characterization using relevant equipment such as XRD,
- Physisorption/chemisorption unit, TPD, microscopy, Thermal analyzer, IR/UV-Visible spectrometer, GC, HPLC etc.
- Upkeep of reactors & analytical instruments and usage log in laboratory/pilot plant
- Maintain record of spares / consumables lab and initiate procedure for replenishment
Education Requirement :MSc (preferable) in chemistry/biology
Experience Requirement :Fresh to 3 years in Industrial Chemical laboratory or QA/QC laboratory.
Skills & Competencies :
- Follow applicable HSE procedures/ practices in conducting experiments & ensure compliance by team members. Show higher level awareness of environmental, site, statutory, IP regulations and adherence to them
- Handle chemicals and tools as per safety norms while conducting experiments
- Understand MSDS of chemicals being handled in experiments and take adequate steps to mitigate hazards.
- Ensure safe working conditions in laboratory & pilot plant
- Ensure good housekeeping at work place