Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Job Title: Research Assistant Experimentation
- Execute exploratory experiments related to electrochemistry, synthesis of electrocatalysts, in a safe and effective manner as per appropriate safety procedures.
- Execute electrochemical experiments using numerous techniques such as potentiostats, rotating disk electrode, glass reactors, autoclaves with high precision of data generation.
- Sample (electrode) preparation for electrochemical experiments with precision and repeatability and reproducibility.
- Execute proof of concept ideas/experiments.
- Be the owner for all equipment in the relevant area; responsible for ensuring smooth functioning of equipment and all related documentation
- Operation of process control and data acquisition systems, where relevant
- Ensure cost efficiency by warranting high availability of testing equipment.
- Timely delivery of validated and reduced data/reports to project leader.
- Responsible for putting together simple experimental units, modifying experimental units and maintaining all required documentation.
- Working safely and effective handling of chemicals.
- Work independently and commitment for work delivery on time.
- Ability to understand the purpose and underlying ideas in experiments.
- Good team working skills.
- Seamless co-operation with colleagues across organizational boundaries
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in chemistry/engineering/ Electrochemistry with at least 2 years industrial experience (experience in electrochemistry & synthesis preferred).
- Meticulous working attitude to ensure precision of results and safe working in a broad area of exploration with catalyst testing.
- Hands on experience in working with electronic, chemical & mechanical equipment is a very strong asset for this role
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and team-working skills
- Computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft office, especially in excel to handle spread sheets.
- Hands-on electro-chemistry knowledge and operation of analytical equipment is essential