At Reliance, every employee is expected to abide by the six Core Values and associated behaviours that underpin our way of working. We are also committed to adhering to our candidate charter to deliver the best candidate experience.
Job Title: Research Scientist
No. of Posts: 1
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is India’s largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 330,180 crore ($50.9 billion), cash profit of INR 42,800 crore ($6.6 billion), and net profit of INR 29,901 crore ($4.6 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2017.Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is India’s largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 330,180 crore ($50.9 billion), cash profit of INR 42,800 crore ($6.6 billion), and net profit of INR 29,901 crore ($4.6 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2017.
Our vision has pushed us to achieve global leadership in many of our businesses – including our position as the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world. In 2004, we became the first private sector company from India to feature in Fortune’s Global 500 list of ‘World’s Largest Corporations’ – currently ranking 203rd in terms of revenues, and 110th in terms of
RIL ranks 10th in LinkedIn’s 2017 list of ‘Top Companies Where India Wants to Work Now’.
· Ensure completion of experiments and generate accurate and reproducible data from experiments. Develop relevant models and validation of the same.
· Supervise and execute laboratory / pilot plant experiments pertaining to the relevant research area such as sample preparation using various methods, sample characterization using various analysis & evaluation of the concerned samples.
· Organize facilities for experiments in research such as chemicals, equipment, analytical methods etc.
· Participate in pilot plant operations / studies, utilize results as boundary conditions for model development
· Support to plant operations
· Collect data and conduct relevant analysis
· Uploading reports on portal
· Preparation of Internal Technical Report
Supervise and execute pilot plant / laboratory experiments pertaining to noble metal catalysis research such as catalyst charging, pressure testing & testing of catalysts in chemical transformations using bench scale/pilot scale units.
Organize facilities for experiments in supported noble metal catalysis research such as chemicals, equipments, analytical methods etc.
Conduct literature survey in the area of catalysis research and compile information for dissemination & critical analysis.
Develop work method and prepare SOPs for experiments in noble metal catalysis research including designing & planning of experiments.
Accountable for Safety Health and Environment while working in laboratory & pilot plant.
Make available data for drafting scheduled progress reports & Prepare technical reports and data documentation in time.
Review validity of analysis and test methods related to noble metal catalysis research.
Participate in scale-up plant trials featuring noble metal catalysis & interact with team members located across different centres.
Assist in plant trouble shooting pertaining to noble metal catalysis.
Education Requirement :Education Requirement :
PhD in Biology/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with specialization in relevant research area
Experience Requirement :
Minimum 2-3 years of research experience
Skills & Competencies :
· Conduct literature survey in the area of research and compile information for dissemination & critical analysis.
· Develop work method and prepare SOPs for experiments in research including designing & planning of experiments.
· Prepare/Use simulation models.
· Study technology offers/ process engineering documents
· Perform process engineering design activities such as using relevant tools
· Familiar with applicable guidelines /codes / standards / legislations relevant to field of research