Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Title: Marketing Manager
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
In this position you effectively design marketing activities, execute the market focused programs in line with the local LSI marketing strategy and finally deploy / adapt the global / regional product /segment marketing programs into Pharma/Biopharma segment. Moreover you develop the business case to select the appropriate program tactics with the LSI sales channels and report the success of your programs to LSI India management. You holistically govern all outbound aspects of new product launches into these segments and drive the portfolio-mix for cross-/ up-selling selling opportunities.
On the business development side youco-own along with the Product Management team the market sensing & business intelligence for the Pharma/Biopharma market to generate new business opportunities. In this role you also facilitate the CRM data base usage/update for LSI and enable sales & marketing integration working very closely with the LSI sales managers in the country.
- Total accountability for design, preparation, deployment and reporting for all India LSI Applied Markets/Biopharma marketing activities.
- Ensures brand visibility for Thermo Fisher Scientific range of products by devising customer centric marketing initiatives.
- Develops segment value proposition and create customer engagement for better brand recall and brand promotion.
- Measures and evaluates impacts of owned marketing programs. Implements corrective actions to ensure delivery of targeted demand generation results & business objectives. Drives follow-up of leads generated from marketing events.
- Works closely with the India MM’s, India Marcom Team, and India Sales Managers to design marketing programs, execute activities and track assigned marketing budget vs. spend.
- Works intimately with the Pharma and Government/A&R MM peers to leverage platform marketing and create synergies for the execution of marketing activities in India.
- Responsible for working closely with Product management team executing channel training requirements in line with India LSI training strategy as well as driving campaigns post training to ensure maximum benefit of imparted trainings.
- Works with the entire LSI India sales team to monitor & analyze competitive information and customer data to facilitate effective program development.
- Serves as single point of contact for the India LSI sales channels for business related requests in the Applied Markets/Biopharma market.
- Works closely with product management team to ensure category growth and achieve effective new product launch and business development.
- Develops understanding of other entities within Thermo Fisher Scientific and 3PSuppliers that provide products and services
- Creates value added bundled offerings of products and services and the appropriate marketing and sales support tools.
- Collaborate with other business divisions of Thermo Fisher Scientific to drive solution oriented marketing programs for the Applied Markets/Biopharma segment.
- Work in close collaboration with Product Management team to develop/update sales collaterals that will help position LSI solutions in the targeted markets.SUCCESS MEASURES
- LSI India AOP performance / business growth
- Lead generation & Database quality in Applied Markets/Biopharma segment
- LSI India new product introduction efficiency in responsible market
COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University education in Pharmacy, Analytical Chemistry or comparable. PGDBA / MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years related experience in BioPharma industry (QC, R&D) or as a sales, product management and/or marketing role in India with intimate knowledge in the laboratory science & Applied markets (such as food safety)/Biopharma market.
- Good understanding of laboratory instruments, chemicals & consumables market and customer workflows.
- Ability to understand customer applications and design effective demand generation programs based on this understanding.
- Show strong commercial thinking and analytical mindset acting based on numbers & facts. Understanding of CRM systems and good business analytics skills.
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork, results-orientation and strong persistence to reach goals.
- Excellent written and verbal English language & communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate equally effective throughout all hierarchical levels in an international environment.
- Willingness for domestic travel for ~ 50% of the time.
- Ability to deal with high pressure, visibility and workload; Willingness to prioritize tasks and take quick decisions.