Job Title: Researcher – I (Functional Resin)
Req ID : 5743
Development and modification of polymers for Decorative and Industrial Paint applications. Work involves synthesis and characterization of various polymers like Alkyds, Acrylics, Polyesters, Polyurethanes etc. in line with latest technological trends such as water borne, high solids and based on renewable materials.
- Designing of synthetic resins for surface coating applications
- Processing and testing of the experimental designs as per test protocol defined
- Characterization of developed polymers and their preliminary evaluation in paint prototype
- Testing of benchmark samples
- Evaluation of alternate RMs in the existing product formulation for suitability
- Support to plant wrt standardization of the product at PEL/ OPC
- Maintaining appropriate and updated records of experiments in lab note book & Optiva
- Co-ordination with Paint development laboratory
Qualifications & Experience:
- B. Tech(oil/ polymer/ Paint Technology), MSc Organic Chemistry.
- 1 – 3 years of experience and should be conversant with synthetic polymer raw materials, formulation aspects, resin processing aspect, testing of resin physical properties as well as cured paint