The USP Information Center, located at USP–U.S. in Rockville, MD, is home to the USP library collection and its archive of historical artifacts, photographs, and memorabilia.
The public is welcome to view the collection, but we ask all visitors request permission to view and use Information Center resources at least 24 hours in advance by contacting the Information Center manager at +1-301-816-8352 or [email protected].
Job Title : Scientist III, Reference Standards Laboratory
Tracking Code : 887-679
This is a non-supervisory position in Reference Standards Laboratory department, responsible for performing the required tests as per monograph/protocol for a given project, creating a complete report.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Executing the analytical tests allotted by Project leader.
- Thorough knowledge of wet chemical analysis.
- Verification of the test protocols & giving test kit approvals, if required.
- Compilation of project reports and response to QA observations.
- Completing the projects as per the project timelines and priorities.
- Preparation and review of SOP’s.
- Ensuring the implementation of GLP, safety systems in the labs.
- Ensuring the calibration of the equipment’s as per the schedules.
- Indenting chemicals, column. Glassware, etc. and their procurement by coordination with lab operation and purchase department in advance keeping in mind the project deadlines.
- To ensure and follow USP mission, policies and procedures.
- To maintain good relationship with HR, Purchase, accounting, IT and other dept.
- Preparing, executing and completing IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments.
- Preparation and planning for ISO-9001 & ISO- 17025 certification/recertification by participating actively, verification of protocols and related documents and take an active role in the internal as well as external QA audits and address the audit issues in a timely manner.
- Taking up any other additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor on a proactive basis and allotting additional responsibilities to the reporting staff in consultation with the supervisor
- Proficient with pharmaceutical testing requirements and test protocols involving compendial methods for reference materials (USP, BP, EP, etc.).
- Expert in HPLC and GC and Wet Chemical analysis in API/Drug Substances and troubleshooting, proficient in other related analytical instrumentation (IR, KF, UV, and thermal analysis techniques etc.).
- Knowledge of handling LCMS and GCMS will be added advantage.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time and with high quality.
- Takes personal responsibility for the delivery of projects to customers with ability to embrace and lead change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Master’s Degree in Organic Chemistry with minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant Industrial experience is required.
Job Location : Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular