Pharmaceutical, biotechnology, generic and medical device companies trust West and our ability to deliver consistent high-quality and technologically advanced containment and delivery solutions. We share their commitment to improving health for patients worldwide.
Job Title: Technical account specialist.
No of Posts: 01
Company Order Number: 1173
Support West customers in technical matters relating to:
- Drug-closure compatibility
- Packaging recommendations
- Component processing
- Product/packaging development
- Extractable/leachables and other test requirements
- Complementary systems, such as devices, safety administration systems, etc.
- Other information as needed to help assure West products will meet requirements
Take a proactive role as technical interface between the customer and West’s functions:
- Be an active part of the market segmented sales teams
- Support development of commercial strategies for products / services and customers
- Represent the Voice of Customer to the West organization
- Update the Sales teams on technical issues/projects within customers:
- Interface with customers and account managers to obtain the background information and customer’s technical requirements on projects
- Advise on the status of and drive / follow up on technical aspects of internal and external customer-linked projects
Promote, present and actively participate in growing West business:
- Prepare technical presentations
- Conduct technical seminars / symposiums with customers
- Educate customers on product applications
- Share industry insights with customers
Participate in external thought leadership:
- Write blogs and journal articles for publication
- Attend and participate in tradeshows, conferences and seminars, with presentations to customers/industry as needed.
- Act as a liaison between customers, Sales and West Analytical Laboratories.
- Build expertise in key market knowledge areas over and above the internal trainings.
- Provide specific technical training to West employees as assigned.
- Provide inputs to define all customer and technical criteria needed for new product launches, new products and formula development or other development projects. This includes an understanding of requirements by market segment for all West products.
- Contribute inputs to the Scientific Communications team in defining, writing and completing internal studies of West technologies for generating and supporting West Technical Reports, West Technical Bulletins and commercial literature.
- Work with Scientific Insights Lab as needed on special customer projects.
- Work closely with QA and Operations on change control and assist customers with technical aspects of change and FAQ as needed.
- Work closely with all other members of Global Technical Customer Support team to assure open communication and a high level of effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (Chemistry/Biology/Engineering) or Master’s and 1-2 years of experience in related fields, eg. pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical support, analytical laboratory, research & development or engineering role.
- Proactive, competitive, presentation, problem solving, communication, analytical, prioritization, detail oriented, technical, personal accountability.
- With a moderate level of guidance, works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to comprehend technical information.
- Experience in technical support, analytical laboratory, research & development, or engineering role.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to connect with others and manage relationships.
- Ability to utilize sound judgment and manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to identify internal and external client needs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Possess the fluidity to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization.
- Excellent English language skills (written/oral).
- Willingness to global travel.