BITS Pilani BSc Chemistry Lab Assistant Job, Applications Invited
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
Grants Consultancy and Industrial Research (GCIR)
CALL FOR LABORATORY ASSISTANT POSITION
Date: 03 January 2023
Applications are invited from interested and motivated candidates for the post of Laboratory Assistant in a time bound research project sponsored by the SERB (F. No. CRG/2022/006499) for a temporary period purely on contractual basis as per the following details:
Position: Laboratory Assistant
Number of Vacancies: 01
Project Title: Novel non-viral vectors comprising functionalized-lipids and amphiphilic polymers for delivery of mRNA-based therapeutics
Funding Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
Principal Investigator (PI): Prof. Deepak Chitkara, Department of Pharmacy
Project Tenure: 3 Years
- Prepare laboratory equipment, materials, and reagents.
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment, ensuring proper handling and disposal of materials.
- Regularly inspect and maintain laboratory equipment, reporting any malfunctions or issues.
- Assist researchers and scientists in conducting experiments and investigations.
- Receive, log, and store materials.
- Assist in sample processing.
- Assist with basic data analysis tasks, such as data entry, graph preparation, and statistical calculations, under the guidance of senior researchers.
- Monitor and manage laboratory supplies, reagents, and consumables.
- Coordinate with procurement personnel to order supplies as needed.
- Other lab-related work assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification: BSc or equivalent in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a related field. Prior experience as a laboratory assistant or intern in a biology or life sciences laboratory is preferred. Understanding of fundamental biological principles and laboratory techniques/procedures and familiarity with laboratory safety protocols is preferred.
Fellowship: 20000 + HRA as per SERB Norms
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply ONLY through the Google form.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed for the interview. Mere possession of minimum qualification does not guarantee an invitation to the interview. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their merit and as per the requirement of the project. Please note that only qualified and suitable candidates will be called for an interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Application Deadline: 12 January 2024
Contact Email: [email protected]
Keywords: Laboratory Assistant Position, Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Pilani Campus, Grants Consultancy and Industrial Research, SERB, Laboratory Assistant Job, Research Project, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Fellowship, Application Deadline. BITS Pilani BSc Chemistry Lab Assistant Job, Applications Invited. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.