Applications are invited for the following assignment on a purely time-bound research project undertaken in the Department of Chemistry of the National Institute of Technology Sikkim.
Job Title – Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/ Senior Research Fellow (JRF)/ Research Associate (RA)
No.of.Posts – 1
Project Title – ‘Tuning the Reactivity of Metal-oxygen Intermediates in C-H Activation and Water Oxidation’
Principal Investigator – Dr. Achintesh N. Biswas
Sponsor – SERB, DST, Govt. Of India
Duration – 03 (Three) years (Co-terminus with the duration of the Project)
- JRF: Rs. 25,000/- per month (first two years) Rs 28,000/- per month (third year) + HRA (as applicable)
- SRF: Rs. 28,000/- per month
M.Sc Chemistry with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA with NET/GATE qualified. Experience in synthesis will be an added advantage.
For technical information of the project, the candidate may contact the Principal Investigator at the following address/phone:
Name: Dr. Achintesh N. Biswas
Address: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology Sikkim, Ravangla Campus, South Sikkim 737139, India.
Contact No: +91-7076309281.
E-mail : [email protected]
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates should apply with their CV via email to [email protected] on or before May 31st, 2017, with the subject marked as “Fellow_DST”.
- Candidates will be short listed for the interview based on merit and will be informed via email.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview should appear in person with originals of degree certificates (one set of xerox), and date of birth proof along with any other relevant information (like copies of publications, experience certificate, awards, recommendations etc.).
- Candidates can register for PhD if they satisfy the admission rules as specified by NIT Sikkim.
- No travelling or any other allowances is admissible for attending the interview.
Application Deadline – May 31st, 2017