Advertisement for Junior Research Fellow under “DST-SERB ECR” Project
Title of the Research Project: “Photocatalytic driven Hydrogen Generation and Cellulosic-Biomass Conversion using Mesoporous Carbon Nitrides”
Applications are invited from highly motivated and bright candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow in “DST-SERB ECR” project under the supervision of Dr. Kamalakannan Kailasam, Scientist E, Principal Investigator, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali.
Name of the position available: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Number of positions available: One
Essential qualifications: M.Sc. Chemistry (General/Physical/Organic/Inorganic) with NET/ GATE score.
Desirable Experience: Research experience in Synthesis of Materials especially Organic Polymers and Photocatalysis. Previous experience in handling of HPLC/GC and other instruments is preferred but not a must.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 10th March, 2017 which is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ ST/ PH/ OBC candidates.
Salary: ₹ 25,000 per month (consolidated)
Project duration: 3 years
General Term and Condition:
1) The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance. The position is coterminous with the project. Candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular PhD program provided they satisfy the eligibility criterion for PhD program in INST norms.
2) Completely filled, signed application form must be submitted as per the attached template.
3) Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview. Self-attested photocopies of these documents are to be sent along with application and also to be provided at the time of interview.
4) Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained. It should be noted that the candidates residing beyond 1000 km from Mohali may opt for online interview if shortlisted.
5) No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Completed applications should reach on or before March-10, 2017 by post or via email attachment (all files as one combined PDF) addressed to:
Dr. KAMALAKANNAN KAILASAM,
Scientist-E/ Associate Professor
Institute of Nano Science and Technology,
Habitat Centre, Phase-X,
Sector-64, Mohali, Punjab – 160062
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline – 10th March 2017