Join as Scientist II- Reference Standards Laboratory @ The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Post Title: Scientist II- Reference Standards Laboratory
Tracking Code: 686-679
Summary of the Position: This is a non-supervisory position in RSL department, responsible for performing the required tests as per monograph/protocol for a given project, creating a complete report.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Executing the analytical tests allotted by team leader.
- Thorough knowledge of wet chemical analysis.
- Verification of the test protocols & giving test kit approvals, if required.
- Compilation of project reports and response to QA observations.
- Completing the projects as per the project timelines and priorities.
- Preparation and review of SOP’s.
- Ensuring the implementation of GLP, safety systems in the labs.
- Ensuring the calibration of the equipment’s as per the schedules.
- Indenting chemicals, column. Glassware, etc. and their procurement by coordination with lab operation and purchase department in advance keeping in mind the project deadlines.
- To ensure and follow USP mission, policies and procedures.
- To maintain good relationship with HR, Purchase, accounting, IT and other dept.
- Preparing, executing and completing IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments.
- Preparation and planning for ISO-9001 & ISO- 17025 certification/recertification by participating actively, verification of protocols and related documents and take an active role in the internal as well as external QA audits and address the audit issues in a timely manner.
- Taking up any other additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor on a proactive basis and allotting additional responsibilities to the reporting staff in consultation with the supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Prior experience in a high volume pharmaceutical manufacturing QC laboratory or contract pharmaceutical analytical testing laboratory.
- M.Sc. in Analytical/Organic Chemistry.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time and with high quality.
- Proficient with pharmaceutical testing requirements and test protocols involving compendial methods for reference materials (USP, BP, EP, etc.).
- Expert in HPLC and GC analysis and troubleshooting, proficient in other related analytical instrumentation (IR, KF, UV, and thermal analysis techniques etc.).
- Knowledge of handling LCMS and GCMS will be added advantage.
- Takes personal responsibility for the delivery of projects to customers.
- Ability to embrace and lead change.
- Extremely adaptable and having excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online via the link below.