INST PhD Admission Announced Session 2022 – Applications Invited
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali invites applications from prospective candidates for admission into its Ph. D. Program in several areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology for the session beginning in January 2022. Check out all the details on the same below:
- M. Sc. or M. Pharm. or M. Tech. in Basic or Applied Sciences, Engineering or related areas. Students who have appeared for the final year/semester examinations are also eligible, provided that the degree will be granted by the time of joining.
- Qualified at least one national examination out of GATE, CSIR/UGC-NET, JEST, JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS), ICMR-JRF, DBT-JRF, DST-INSPIRE or GPAT.
Age limit: As per the guidelines of CSIR-UGC and DST.
Application & Selection Procedure:
- Candidates must submit applications in the prescribed format available at https://inst.ac.in/careers.
- In addition to the above application, the candidates are required to submit an online synopsis (click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-LesAEfu4QDsn0oqa62ev4azldHEICAKwBp0c4CNKBGM6Q/viewform?usp=sf_link) .
- A hard copy of the application (affixing a recent passport size photograph) along with the self-attested copy of certificates proving age, educational qualifications, experience (if any), and reservation category should be sent to “The Director, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Knowledge City, Sector 81, Mohali 140306 (Punjab). The envelope containing the application form should be super scribed as “Application for the Ph. D. Program – January 2022”.
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for an interview and the date and mode of the interview will be communicated to the email address provided by the candidate. The list of shortlisted candidates will also be uploaded on the INST website.
- Ph. D. interviews will be conducted online and the link for the same will be provided prior to the interview. In case the interviews are conducted in person, the candidates called for interview will be paid sleeper class rail fare or non-AC bus fare from the place of residence to INST and back on production of ticket.
- After the interview, the list of candidates selected for Ph. D. will be uploaded on the INST website and the candidates will be intimated by email.
- The candidate is advised to visit the INST website frequently to track the latest developments.
- Selection of students shall be done as per the provisions of The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act, 2006 and amendments made thereto.
- Rs.590/- for General, OBC and EWS candidates, and Rs.295/- for SC, ST and PH candidates.
- Application fees may be transferred online to the bank account of INST noted below. The full name of the applicant shall be mentioned as the purpose of the transaction. The details of the online transaction should be attached along with the application.
Account Name: Director, INST Mohali Account number: 2452201001102
IFS code: CNRB0002452 Bank: Canara Bank, Sector 34A, Chandigarh 160022
Last Date To Apply:
- The duly filled applications along with the supporting documents should reach INST through Registered/ Speed Post/ Courier/ By Hand on or before 04th October 2021.
- Applications received after the last date shall not be entertained in any case.
Selected students will be provided fellowship as per the norms of INST and the Government of India. Students with an independent source of fellowship, such as CSIR/UGC-JRF, are also encouraged to apply. Selected students will be enrolled in the Ph. D. program of the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali and the Ph. D. degree will be awarded by IISER, Mohali. The major ongoing research areas at INST are given at the end of this document
View Main Notification
Editors Note: INST PhD Admission Announced Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.