The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) took birth as National Tissue Culture Facility in March 11, 1986 with a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Pune campus, Pune.
NCCS invites applications for the position of Project Assistant purely on temporary basis in collaborative project between NCCS and a reputed Pharmaceutical Company.
The following are the components of the project:
- Targeted screening of compounds for their biological activity by;
- studying differential expression of proteins and
- anti-proliferative activity in cell lines.
- Isolation and purification of proteins by advanced purification techniques.
- Development and standardization of ELISA for the estimation of protein of interest in human serum.
- The Project will be for a period of 20 months and extendable for further period of 4 months.
- Position Title: Project AssistantUpper Age Limit: 28 years
No of Posts: One Post
- Assist in conducting experiments and perform other laboratory related duties.
- Maintain cell lines, set up cell culture assays, perform western blotting and protein purification.
Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree (M.Sc or M.Tech) in biology/biochemistry/ biotechnology/ molecular biology/microbiology or any other discipline relatedto biological sciences with minimum of 55% marks. Additional percentage cut-off will be applied during the screening process.
Experience in mammalian cell culture techniques/protein electrophoresis.
Emoluments: Rs. 16,000/-p.m. fixed for 1st year and Rs. 18,000/-p.m. fixed for 2nd year.
Important Guidelines & Instructions:
- The list of shortlisted candidates called for interview will be published on our institute website on or after 22/07/2016.
- Applications received after the due date and/or without the copies of the required certificates/documents will not be considered. Incomplete applications will be strictly rejected. Candidates must fill up the latest prescribed application format as mentioned above only which is available with this advt.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of screening committee, the project investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration of qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this advertisement.
- The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of posts and also cancel the recruitment process.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from appropriate authority. In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits.
- 5% Marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST candidates i.e. minimum of 50 % marks.
- Candidates should specifically note that due to postal delay applications will not be entertained by this institute and no correspondence in this regard will note be entertained.
- The above advertised position is filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period on the project funded by the private company. The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure.
- Upper age limit will be considered as on closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of SC/ST/Women/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules. Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
- No TA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer of appointment.
- Please bring all the original certificates showing date of birth, qualification, statement of marks of the exam passed, degree certificates, certificate of past experience, certificate in support of present employment, salary certificate & other relevant documents along with a set of attested copies at the time of interview.
How To Apply:
Applications in the prescribed format duly filled in along with attested copies of all relevant certificates showing date of birth, experience, details of the exam passed (SSC onwards), caste status and other necessary documents should reach to The Director, National Centre For Cell Science (NCCS), S. P. Pune University Campus, Post: Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007, Maharashtra, India on or before 18.07.2016. The A4 size envelope containing the application must be super-scribed in bold letters on the top as under:“APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF PROJECT ASSISTANT ON EXTRAMURAL PROJECT”.
Application Deadline: 18th July, 2016
- View Original Notification