National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL), Pune, established in 1950, is a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). CSIR-NCL is a science and knowledge based research, development and consulting organization. It is internationally known for its excellence in scientific research in chemistry and chemical engineering as well as for its outstanding track record of industrial research involving partnerships with industry from concept to commercialization.
Applications are invited on plain paper for filling up of positions of Project Assistant II on a purely temporary basis, in the prescribed proforma.
The detail of the Sponsored Project under which engagement is proposed to be made is as under:
Post Title: Project Assistant II
Project Title: Alzheimer’s Disease: Tau (axonal protein) stability and phosphorylation dynamics in Alzheimer’s disease
Project Code: GAP307326
No. of Posts : One
Qualifications : Candidates with M.Sc. /M.Tech. in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Life Sciences and related areas from recognized university with minimum of 60% marks
Desirable : Candidate with hands on experience in cell biology, molecular biology and protein biochemistry will be given preference
Job Requirement : Post-translational modifications and chaperone mediated regulation of intracellular Tau in AD
Consolidated fixed Emoluments per month:
Project Assistant-II : Rs. 16,000/- (incld. HRA)
Age Limit: 28 years*
*Age limit shownabove is relaxable by 5 yrs in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST community and 3 yrs in respect of candidates belonging to OBC community.
Tenure: The engagement will be initially for a period of six months, which may be extended or curtailed depending on the duration of the sponsored project/satisfactory performance or conduct of the appointee. The appointment will be purely on temporary basis and shall not be CSIR/NCL appointment, temporary or otherwise, and shall not entitle the appointee to any right/claim, implicit or explicit, for his/her consideration against any CSIR/NCL post/fellowship.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this Notice is large, the Screening Committee may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration the qualifications and experience over-and-above the minimum qualifications prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- The candidates recommended by the Screening Committee to be called for interview would be notified on the Divisional Notice Board on 22/07/2016.
- The candidates may ascertain the information by contacting on the telephone no.: 020-25902232/2227, or by email to [email protected].
- The candidates recommended by the Screening Committee should appear before the Selection Committee for an interview at Biochemical Sciences Division of the Laboratory at 10.00 am on 25/07/2016.
- No interview call letter will be issued separately.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
How to Apply:
Applications typed on plain paper giving full particulars in the following format may be submitted:
- Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth
- Educational Qualifications (furnish details commencing from SSC)
- Experience indicating full details
- Address with Telephone No. /Email
- Whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Original Caste/ Community Certificate issued by competent authorities to be produced at the time of interview in support of the claim)
- Any close relation** working in NCL, if yes, give details
** Close relation means: wife/husband/son/daughter/sister/son-in-law/brother-in-law (wife’s brother/Sister’s husband) sister-in-law (brother’s wife/wife’s sister) of NCL employee.
The application with the above information duly signed together with CV and photocopies of relevant certificates/testimonials should be addressed to: The Chairman, Biochemical Sciences Division, (Attn: Dr. Subashchandrabose Chinnathambi), CSIRNational Chemical Laboratory, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune 411 008, so as to reach on or before 19/07/2016.
Please superscribe the envelope “Application for PA II (Project: GAP307326)”.
Application Deadline: 19th July, 2016