The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Post: Scientist III – Bioanalytical
Function of the Position:
This is a hands-on, non-supervisory position in USP-India’s Bioanalytical Laboratory. In this role, the Scientist delivers sustained contributions that result in innovative product and process technologies for USP. The Scientist will contribute to the scientific experience and work ethic of the laboratory through a broad range of technical knowledge. The Scientist will contribute his/her own observations and inputs to projects. The Scientist at this level will execute 80% – 100% of their work at the bench level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Assists the group leader in implementing and evaluating laboratory procedures and systems
– Demonstrates strong skills and expertise in laboratory methods in the areas of Chromatography (HPLC, UPLC, etc) and Electrophoresis (Gel and Capillary based)
– Reviews, and evaluates scientific literature in appropriate area of biopharmaceutical analysis
– Drafts project testing plans and project reports for review
– Investigates, evaluates and recommends the purchase of laboratory equipment
– Troubleshoots instrumentation within the area of expertise
– Recommends improvements to methods and processes
-Actively engages overall project and ensures own work is aligned with overarching goals
– Independently executes all testing / analysis , and records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations
– Performs peer review of data as needed
– Routinely applies personal experience, academic training, and technical insights to solve complex problems in the laboratory
– Attends group and project meetings
– Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability
– Performs other duties as assigned .
– Master’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant laboratory experience.
– Laboratory experience must include Chromatographic techniques like HPLC and UPLC, Electrophoresis technique like IEF, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and Capillary Electrophoresis.
– The candidate should also be able to perform protein analysis methods such as concentration determination (colorimetric and Spectrophotometric based) and Immunoassays (ELISA).
– Working knowledge of common analytical methods and procedures, calibrating and operating analytical instruments, such as spectrophotometers, micro titer plate readers and pipettes is required.
– Experience in an IAO/cGMP environment and qualification/validation of analytical methods is highly desirable.
– Good understanding of chromatographic analyses, as well as other general analytical chemistry principles.
– The candidate must take personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time and is of the highest possible quality.
– Ability to anticipate, trouble shoot, and solve technical problems.
– Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, and experience in working in the biotechnology industry strongly preferred.
Experience: 6 years
Tracking Code: 612-679
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Education: Master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry/Biochemistry
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: R&D
End Date: 10th June, 2016