This position is responsible for preparing wines and beers for final blends for bottling, working with the Analytical Laboratory to coordinate analyses and Cellar to coordinate process orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: .
- Dedicated to crafting quality wines, providing value to our customers, and continuing to improve.
- Supervise in grape receiving, crushing, pressing and wine production operations during harvest on days, swing shift, or graveyard.
- Supervises Assistant Winemakers
- Participate in wine tasting at all stages throughout the winemaking process and responsible for conducting evaluation and recommendation of treatments.
- Write process orders for all production related tasks from harvest to bottling.
- Responsible for supervising, training, and mentoring all cellar employees during harvest, as assigned.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the winemaking process and procedures.
- Maintain brewery, inventory and brew sheet paperwork.
- Schedule work for brewers while maintaining budgeted labor costs on a weekly basis.Weekly product forecast.
- Evaluate and monitor beer and raw materials involved in brewing.
- Operate brew equipment to maintain acceptable inventory of raw materials and beer.
- Supervises cleanliness & sanitation of all equipment, tanks and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery mechanics/maintenance.
- Possess good beer knowledge and a good sense of smell, distinguishing flavors, and colors in beer.
- Degree in Enology, Chemistry or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Assistant Winemaker and 1-3 years experience as a Head Brewer in a Brewery / Restaurant.
- Experience with both the practical and technical aspects of the winemaking process and understand winemaking regulatory requirements. Includes all aspects of harvest, fermentation, cellar work, and winemaking analysis is required.
- Ability to work and communicate well with staff, customers and outside parties.
- Strong attention-to-detail & good project management skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Available to work a varied schedule during harvest season as needed.
- Competent with Microsoft office & basic computer functions.
- Capable of speaking in front of a small group of people as an instructor.
Job Type: Full-time
- View Original Notification