FAST-SF 2024 Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2024
FAST-SF 2024 Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2024. Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2024. FASTSF 2024 Announcement. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2024
Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru
Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi
The National Academy of Sciences, India, Prayagraj
With a view to enhance the spread of Science and Technology in the specific regions of the country, the Inter Academy Panel has initiated the Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF]. This coming year (2024) our focus will be on the North Eastern States of the country, Andaman, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Lakshadweep, Madhya Pradesh, union territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, Uttarakhand and the FAST-SF will be awarded to students and teachers studying/working in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Andaman, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Lakshadweep, Madhya Pradesh, union territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, and Uttarakhand.
About 200 fellowships will be offered during 2024 to students/teachers studying/working in these states, to work with scientists associated with three Academies anywhere in the country.
A copyof the application format, instructions to applicants including eligibility criteria and a list of names of scientists/faculty who have consented to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects are displayed online.
Applications are invited from interested students and teachers from universities and colleges from North-Eastern states of India, Andaman, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Lakshadweep, Madhya Pradesh, union territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, Uttarakhand affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions/Private Universities for these fellowships. The application should include:
(a) the application form in the prescribed format;
(b) scanned copies of marks sheets from class X till the last examination;
(c) a write-up (in about 150-250 words) as to what the applicant wants to learn and achieve.
Student applicants should provide the email id of one of their teachers familiar with their work. The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The selected candidate should work with the assigned guide for two months any time during the calendar year though summer months are preferred.
Applications should be submitted by logging onto our websites [www.ias.ac.in; http://www.insaindia.res.in and www.nasi.org.in]. The registration number assigned soon after the online submission must be quoted in all future correspondence.
The last date for receipt of applications online is 15 November 2023.
The last date for submission of applications extended up to 4 December 2023
Information of selection along with concurrence of the guide will be dispatched around February–March 2024. The selected students/teachers will be provided appropriate round trip train fare and a monthly fellowship to meet their living expenses at the place of work.
Instructions to Applicants
(Please read each of the instructions carefully
before filling up the application)
1) Please do not send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
Last date for submission of applications is 15th November 2023. The last date for submission of applications extended up to 4 December 2023
1) This programme is open for all Students and Teachers studying/teaching in the North-Eastern states of India. VIZ. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura, Andaman, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Lakshadweep, Madhya Pradesh, union territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, Uttarakhand only.
3) Its mandatory to upload the marks sheets from class X till the last examination. Please have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format – the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb), before starting to fill up the application.
4) Only one application per candidate will be considered. If more than one application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
5) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be filled.
6) The last date for receipt of applications online is 4 December 2023.
B. Eligibility criteria
7a) Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc (II year only)
- BSc (Research) (III year only)
- BStat / BMath (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch (II, III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- MStat / MMath (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS / BVSc (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
7b) Teachers working in North-Eastern states of India, Andaman, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Lakshadweep, Madhya Pradesh, union territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, Uttarakhand only need apply.
8) The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above. The minimum percentage of average marks does not apply for teachers.
9) PhD students are not eligible.
10) The applicant should include a write-up (about 150‐250 words) as to the specific area of the applicant and indicate what the candidate would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship. It can also include the specific experiment or theory that the applicant wants to work on but NOT a general description of the area. The write-up should not be a “copy and paste” job from any source.
11) Do not use special/scientific characters like Ø Ü etc…as the software will prevent you from uploading the application with such characters.
D. Enclosures to application
12) Both student and teacher applicants must upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X till the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb).
13) Teacher applicants should upload their publications, if any. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that necessary permission/leave of absence will be granted should be sent by post to the Coordinator, FAST-SF 2024, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru 560 080.
E. Other matters
14) Student applicants must upload the contact details of one of their present teachers. The Academy will get in touch with the teacher and obtain the recommendation letter.
15) All decisions regarding the selection of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute concerning FAST-SF 2024 shall be addressed to the Academy whose decision thereon shall be final.
16) If a candidate is found at any point of time to have submitted false information, the fellowship will be cancelled, and the candidate will be asked to pay back the fellowship amount/travel allowance etc. that has been paid. Further guide of the candidate and the Institution in which the candidate is currently studying will be informed of the matter.
17) Without prejudice to 15) above, only the courts at Bengaluru city shall be the fora for seeking judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
18) Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru); Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi); and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Prayagraj).
19) Guide means a person from the list of scientists/faculty approved by the Academies as guides.
20) All correspondence should be addressed to:
Ms M S Roopashri
Coordinator, Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship (FAST-SF)
Indian Academy of Sciences
C V Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bengaluru 560 080
Tel. (080) 2266 1202, 2266 1222, 2266 1221
Email: [email protected] website: www.ias.ac.in
Editor’s Note: FAST-SF 2024 Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2024. FAST-SF 2024 Focus Area Science Tech Fellowship 2024 Notification. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.