Check out the latest position as Design Engineer at Arcadis, View details given the same below.
Job position: Design Engineer – Chemical
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Qualification & Experience we seek in you for Design Engineer at Arcadis ! ;
- B.E in Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years’ of design and engineering experience with industrial water and wastewater treatment projects
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities;
- Functional area expert delivering multiple complex projects.
- Providing technical support to stakeholders on water and wastewater treatment systems and processes.
- Managing and coordinating water and wastewater treatment projects to ensure that they are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement, researching and implementing new technologies, and keeping up to date with the latest water and wastewater treatment regulations and technologies.
- Provide design input to BIM /CAD and co-ordinate with BIM /CAD staff for preparation of design drawings.
- Should drive creative and independent thinking within your team, including around new digital technologies
- Should undertake regular reviews to ensure your supporting team members are in control of their projects
- Should transparently select project teams which ensure both quality delivery and development of your people
- Manage risks and resolve issues proactively to maintain a strong reputation
- Collaborate within your team and other teams within GEC as well as regions to deliver.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Compliance of Arcadis business management system.
- Drive Health & Safety culture of the business within the team.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Good communication skills.Required Competencies;
- Sound technical knowledge, academically good.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Applied knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques
- String knowledge to develop water, mass & energy balance and heat transfer calculation for various process stages.
- Sound experience with the use of spreadsheet (develop Macros and VBA) and database software to compile & analyze data
- knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technologies and processes
- Design Experience in treatment technologies such as membrane filtration, biological treatment, chemical treatment, and evaporators.
- Familiar with US codes, standards, and practices related to Mechanical ,Civil and Environmental Engineering related to industrial water and wastewater treatment is essential to ensure compliance and minimize environmental impact..
- Awareness of software used for Piping and equipment modeling.
- Deep understanding of future trends and technologies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office.
- A strong, self-motivated and assertive person capable of working under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; skills to include – public speaking, ability to communicate effectively as part of a team, preparation/development of technical documents
- Flexible to adopt new work /challenge work as per business requirement.
- Experience working on North American projects shall be added advantage
- PE license will be an added advantage
Possible interview questions may be asked for Design Engineer at Arcadis
1.What is the job title and qualification required for the position?
Answer: The job title is “Engineer – Chemical.” The required qualification is a B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering) degree in Chemical Engineering.
2. What is the minimum experience required for this position?
Answer: A minimum of 5 years’ design and engineering experience with industrial water and wastewater treatment projects is required.
3. What are the principal duties and key responsibilities of the Engineer – Chemical?
Answer: The principal duties and key responsibilities include:
- Acting as a functional area expert and delivering multiple complex projects.
- Providing technical support on water and wastewater treatment systems and processes to stakeholders.
- Managing and coordinating water and wastewater treatment projects to ensure timely completion within budget and quality standards.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement, researching and implementing new technologies, and staying updated with the latest treatment regulations and technologies.
- Collaborating with design disciplines to maintain overall design integrity.
- Ensuring compliance with Arcadis business management system and promoting a Health & Safety culture.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Driving creative and independent thinking within the team, including new digital technologies.
- Reviewing and ensuring team members are in control of their projects.
- Transparently selecting project teams to ensure quality delivery and team development.
- Managing risks and resolving issues proactively.
- Collaborating with other teams within GEC and regions to deliver projects effectively.
4. What are the required competencies for this position?
Answer: The required competencies include:
- Strong technical knowledge, academically proficient.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Applied knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques.
- Ability to develop water, mass & energy balance, and heat transfer calculations for process stages.
- Experience with spreadsheet software, including developing Macros and VBA, to compile and analyze data.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technologies and processes.
- Design experience in treatment technologies like membrane filtration, biological treatment, chemical treatment, and evaporators.
- Familiarity with US codes, standards, and practices related to Mechanical, Civil, and Environmental Engineering for industrial water and wastewater treatment compliance.
- Awareness of software used for Piping and equipment modeling.
- Deep understanding of future trends and technologies.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong self-motivation and assertiveness under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Flexibility to adapt to new/challenging work as per business requirements.
- Experience working on North American projects is an added advantage.
- Possession of a PE (Professional Engineer) license is an added advantage.
5. What skills and qualities are desired for this role?
Answer: Desired skills and qualities for this role include sound technical knowledge, the ability to work collaboratively within a team, effective communication skills (including public speaking and technical document preparation), adaptability to new challenges, and being self-motivated.