NIT Durgapur PhD Chemistry Job – Applications Invited
Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens for a Research Associate in the SERB (DST) funded Project (IPA/2021/000048). The candidates will work primarily at NIT Durgapur as members of a collaborative team from departments of Physics, Chemical Engg. & CoE in Advanced Materials.
The project is a multiinstitute multi-investigator and multi-disciplinary project in close collaboration with IIT Bombay (Energy Science & Engg.) and VNIT Nagpur (Electrical Engg.) and is funded under the special call of SERB for IRHPA (Intensification of Research in High Priority Areas). The main goal of this project is to develop lowcost new electrode materials for Sodium ion hybrid capacitor/battery with improved electrochemical
performance (energy density, cycling stability, rate capability, etc.) for eventual development of a smart offgrid renewable and sustainable energy storage management system.
Job Title: Research Associate (RA)- II
Duration: Initially 01 year with provision for renewal for upto two
more years (subject to performance and funding)
Fellowship: ₹49,000/- per month + HRA (as institute norms)
Ph.D. in Chemistry/Chemical Engg./Energy Science & Engg./Physics/Materials science or any relevant discipline with throughout excellent academic background. Candidates who cannot produce the PhD degree certificate or a proof of successfully defending the PhD thesis at the time of the interview may not apply. Expertise in nanomaterial synthesis, their characterization and analysis using techniques such as SEM, TEM, XRD, UVDRS, AFM, XPS, BET, etc. in addition to in-depth knowledge of electrochemical methods such as cyclic voltammetry, ac impedance spectroscopy and galvanostatic cycling.
Experience in Glove box handling and Li/Na-ion battery electrodes, or similar chemistries will be considered advantageous. Excellent written communication skill demonstrated through high quality publication in the relevant topic, preferably as the
first author. Excellent inter-personal skill to cope up with the demand to
work in a multi-institute project which may require travelling to partnering institutes and to work as a member of different multidisciplinary teams. RA-II is also expected to perform other academic duties beyond this research project as assigned by the PI/department
How to Apply:
The eligible and interested candiates are encouraged to send the following documents as a single pdf file via
email to the PI as undersigned. Further, the subject line of the email should be “Application for Research Associate II”.
1. A cover letter explaining why you are fit for this post.
2. Your up to date CV mentioning relevant research experience (if any) and names and contact details of two academic referees
3. First pages of your journal publications (if any) and a brief write up describing what was your contribution to each of your publications.
Mode of Selection:
Based on the applications received, a short-list of candidates will be prepared to be called for an online interview. The shortlisted candidates will be notified through email (as mentioned in the applicant’s CV).
Publication of the advertisement: June 19, 2023
Deadline for submission of application: July 10, 2023
Intimation to the shortlisted candidates: July 12, 2023
Tentative date of interview: July 17, 2023
Tentative start date: August 1, 2023
Terms and Conditions:
1. The above position is purely contractual and is for the duration of the project only.
2. Applications reaching after specified time will not ordinarily be entertained.
3. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
4. The selected candidate is expected to join immediately after recruitment.
5. The selected candidate may have to work outside the normal working hours and normal working days without additional incentives.
6. Selected candidate will have to produce a Govt. issued ID in original, the original mark-sheets, and certificates etc. at the time of joining. Without any of these the candidature will be rejected.
7. Other terms and conditions will be as per those of DST and NIT Durgapur.
NIT Durgapur PhD Chemistry Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more