Syngenta Organic Chemistry Research Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality, and safety of agriculture with world-class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources. With 28,000 people in more than 90 countries, we are working to transform how crops are grown. Through partnerships, collaboration, and The Good Growth Plan we are committed to improving farm productivity, rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity, and revitalizing rural communities. T
Job Title: Research Scientist
Business/Function: SBPL (R &T Centre)
Reports to Role: Team Leader
Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
- M. Sc. / Ph.D. Organic chemistry from reputed university/school with 2-4 years of industrial experience. Experience in the process chemistry/agrochemical industry is desirable
- Good experimental skills with an apatite for learning and updating the latest developments in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Is capable to work with chemical safety and with a high hygiene standard
- Good understanding of physical separation operations in the lab (distillation, crystallization, extraction etc.) and analytical methods like GC, HPLC, NMR etc.
- Able to plan and organize synthetic chemistry work on a small to medium scale to achieve a high level of productivity and to meet important deadlines.
- Should have a good understanding of analytical equipment and in-process analysis including practical knowledge of chromatographic and spectroscopic methods (GC, HPLC, NMR, IR, MS)
- Experience with the use of hard-copy and computer-based chemical information storage and retrieval systems
- Team player and flexible to meet targets of individual and team.
Critical professional and personal capabilities
- Understand the principles of organic chemistry and standard transformations
- Good foundation in industrial chemistry and reaction technologies
- Ensure own laboratory work recorded and reported to agreed Syngenta standards
- Provide timely communications and feedback to stakeholders
- Preparation of reference materials and metabolites thru existing /new routes
- Optimize synthetic routes to viable economic processes
- Good experimental skills with an appetite for learning and updating the latest developments in synthetic Organic chemistry
- Adopt simple qualitative/quantitative analytical methods
- Plan and carry out the assigned synthesis of reference materials and metabolites.
- Able to conduct complex experimental work safely.
- Always ensure safe laboratory practices and fine-tune the chemistry and process into economically viable processes.
- Ability to work coherently on the assigned experiments and meet timelines.
- Plan and carry out, as necessary, process optimization of assigned individual reaction steps to allow successful scale-up and manufacturing.
- To receive preliminary analytical methods from R&T and optimize the same to fully developed ready to use in-process analysis.
- Carefully documents the experiments in the electronic notebook (ELN) or in summary tables. Reference material and metabolite procedures are documented in SmartDoc
- Efficiently conducts experiments using established test methods to produce high-quality data and results with limited repeat testing
- Continually seek to improve knowledge of experimental chemistry and process development.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Able to demonstrate a personal commitment to the team
- Value and use individual differences and talents
- Work tenaciously to deliver agreed goals
- Should be self-discipline to achieve results
- Is able to work on different projects in parallel
Editors Note: Syngenta Organic Chemistry Research Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.