SET Comission Exam Assam Announced – Applications Invited Online
Concept of STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST (SET)
In order to maintain a uniform standard of graduate and post-graduate teaching throughout the country, the Government of India through its notification in 1988 stated that only those candidates would be considered eligible for a post of Asst. Professor, who besides fulfilling the minimum academic qualifications for it, also qualifies in comprehensive test, National Eligibility Test (NET), to be conducted for the purpose. Accordingly, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has been conducting the eligibility Test for Asst.
Professor in Humanities and Social Science subjects. The council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has been conducting the eligibility test for lectureship in the Science subjects. UGC simultaneously asked the Govt. of the States and UnionTerritories about their option to conduct their own test or alternatively adopt the UGC-CSIR test. In case they opt to conduct a test equivalent to UGC-CSIR then these should be accredited by the UGC. In response to this, many States opted to conduct their own test,i.e., State
Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for Asst. Professor. Similarly, a proposal was put forward for constituting the North East State Level Eligibility Test (NESLET) on 26-6-2000 to conduct such a test for the aspirant candidates of the North Eastern Region. It was subsequently constituted as SLET Commission Assam (N.E. Region).
The name of the Test has again been modified as SET (STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST).
Its member States at present are Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Meghalaya, Sikkim, and Tripura.
SLET Commission Office is located at North Jalukbari Guwahati – 781 014
(Phone No. 0361-3513692)
It is also decided that the qualified candidates in the SET will be governed by the rules and
regulations of recruitment of Asst. Professors of the Universities and Colleges as the case may be.
Eligibility Criteria For SET Exam
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured atleast 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this test. However, the scheduled caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PWD) Category, the Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer who have secured atleast 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master degree or equivalent examination are eligible to appear in the Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the final qualifying Master degree (final year) examination and result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of pass certificate only after they have passed the Master degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks in case of General/Unreserved/General-EWS category and atleast 50% marks in case of OBC (Non-creamy layer), SC/ST/PWD/Third Gender category candidates. Such candidates must obtain a Master’s Degree within 2 (two) years from the date of the concerned SLET result with the required percentage of marks failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates are eligible to appear in the subject of their Post-graduation only. The candidates whose Postgraduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects as appeared in item 5 (i) may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates belonging to the third gender category, in other words, transgender, would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fees, age, and qualifying criteria as are available to SC/ST/PWD Category. The subject-wise Cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC (NCL)/General- EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Masters level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks. (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD/General-EWS category are required to attach a copy of the category certificate along with their Application Forms while applying online. The Non-creamy layer certificate should be up to date. The validity period of the OBC (NCL) certificate shall have to cover the date of the filling-up form and application by the candidate. Other candidates are not required to submit any certificate/ documents in support of their eligibility along with the Form. Therefore, the candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, their candidature will be canceled and they shall be liable for legal action. The certificates and mark sheets will be verified at the time of issue of SET Certificates.
- Candidates without possessing reserved category certificates may appear as general category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit for eligibility for applying for Assistant Professors. Candidates who qualify in the test are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission. They will be issued a Pass certificate and the validity period of the certificate is forever.
At present the test will be held in the subject below:
Subject & Subject Code: Chemical Science 31
It is endeavored to make atleast one center in each constituent university of the SLET Commission with a minimum of 25 candidates. If the number falls short of this in a center, then the candidates of that center will be attached to the nearest center.
|Name of Centres||Centre Code|
|Rajiv Gandhi Central University, Arunachal||06|
|Sikkim (Nar Bahadur Bhandari Degree College)||08|
Change of Test Centres for SET Comission Exam Assam
Application for change of Test center on plain paper will be received by the SLET Commission office within 07 (working) days of the last date of submission of forms. The center change fee is Rs. 300/- per candidate. The application for change of center must be forwarded by the Coordinator of the original center, along with the Centre change fee. No request for a change of center will be accepted by the SLET Commission after the specified date.
Design and syllabi of test
Presently, the Commission has accepted the syllabus of the NET conducted by the UGC and the CSIR. The syllabus will be available on our website www.sletne.org.
Syllabus For Chemical Science Candidates
Guideline for filling up the Test application form
- The candidate seeking admission to the test must apply online through the website
- Before applying online, applicants should keep the scan copy of his/her certificates, passport-sized colored photographs duly attested and signed by the candidate ready and also, the scan copy of their signature ready.
- Duly attested M.A/ M.Sc./M.Com. certificate and Mark-sheet should be uploaded only along with the photograph and signature.
- Attested copy of SC/ST/OBC along with non-creamy layer certificate / PWD/EWS category certificate, if applicable, from the authorized person should be uploaded.
- The size of each of the scanned photos & signatures should be within the range of 5 to 50kb and properly cropped.
- Before submitting the form, applicants will get a chance to modify his/her application detail.
- But after the final submission of the application, applicants will not be able to edit the application.
- Once submitted, the portal will generate a unique Application ID. The applicants are required to note down carefully the unique Application ID for all future references including Admit Card Download.
- Once an applicant completes the application submission process, the applicant can print the Acknowledgement Slip for future reference.
- Once submitted, the application will generate the bank Challan for fee payment. The candidate should download the challans and print it. (Candidate should visit the SBI bank branch carrying the challans for fee payment two days after application submission)
- A candidate claiming fee concession without attested valid SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy) PWD/EWS certificate will summarily be rejected.
- Persons authorized to issue the above OBC (Non-creamy)/SC/ST/PWD/EWS certificates – Deputy Commissioner, Addl. D.C., Revenue officer not below the rank of Tahsildar, any organization authorized by the Govt.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing in their Final or 4th Semester Master Degree examination should download the Attestation format from the link given in the homepage of the site. The candidate should fill up the form and the same should be forwarded by the Head of the concerned department and uploaded the scan copy of it in the site.
Note Down your Registration No for future Reference
Download the Challan copy
After two days of completing the online Application form, Please deposit your Examination fee in any State Bank of India Branch
Take a printout of your submitted Application Form, after two days from the day of Deposit the fee.
The application process is complete after Step No 5.
Age limit and number of chances for SET Comission Exam Assam
(i) There is no age limit.
(ii) A candidate can avail any number of chances.
(a) A candidate should note that his/her candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to the candidate will not imply that the Commission has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions.
(b) Commission may change the centers or date of the test without assigning any reason
(c) Candidates should submit their Test (application) forms in the online process only. The concerned website for the purpose is www.sletneonline.co.in
(d) Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
(e) In all matters the decision of the Commission shall be final.
(f) The use of Calculators & Log Tables is not permitted. Cellular Phones, pagers, etc. are not allowed in Test Hall.
(g) Candidates who do not appear in Paper-I will not be permitted to appear in subsequent papers.
(h) Candidates will not be allowed to write any question from the test booklet on the admission card, etc.
(i) Candidates are to download their Admit Cards from the website www.sletneonline.co.in.
(j) The Admit Cards will not be sent through post to the individual candidates.
(i) The Pass Certificate will be issued after 45 working days from the date of announcement
of SET result.
(ii) The candidate may collect the Pass Certificate personally or through messenger (duly
authorized by the candidate) along with the following:
(a) Mark-sheet of P.G Final/3rd and 4th Semester. (in original)
(b) Caste Certificate/Special Category Certificate (in original)
(c) Admit Card of SET (in original)
(d) If the Pass Certificate is to be issued through an authorized person, the signature of the
the authorized person should be attested by the candidate in the authority letter with his/her signature which was used in the Admit Card and the Test Form.
(e) The cost of the certificate is Rs. 250/-. The fee is to be paid through a Bank Draft in favor of Member Secretary SLET Commission, N. E. Region drew on SBI Gauhati University
Branch (2060) only.
(iii) Loss of SET Admit Card: The application for issue of duplicate Admit Card be submitted
personally by the candidate with paper-cut of Newspaper-Advertisement and Police-report on the loss of SET original Admit Card with a fee of Rs. 100/-
Last Date To Apply: 28.12.2021
View Main Notification
Editors Note: SET Comission Exam Assam 2022, SET Comission Exam Assam – apply now, SET Comission Exam Assam Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.