CIAB Research Associate Jobs – Chemical Engg & Chemistry Apply
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to the agri-food sector towards applications and products.
A) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
Job Title: Research Associate – One position
Project Title – “Continuous-Flow Transformation of Biomass-Derived Oxygenates to Methyl vinyl glycolate with Sn-Beta Catalysts: A Study into Long-Term Stability and Deactivation of Sn-Beta”.
Funded By – Halder Topsoe, Denmark
Principal Investigator – Dr S. Saravanamurugan, Scientist-E (Catalysis Chemistry)
Age limit – 35 Years
Fellowship – Rs. 47,000/- + (16% HRA or Hostel Facility, if available) per month
Duration of the project – Up to 04-04-2022
Qualifications: PhD in Material Science and Engineering or Chemistry (Organic/ Inorganic/ Physical/Material) or Chemical Engineering or related areas in Material Science from a recognized University/Institute and having at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
i) PhD thesis related to the synthesis of materials and their characterization with various
techniques such as powder XRD, TEM, SEM, TGA, FTIR, XPS, physisorption analyser and
ii) At least one year of post-doctoral experience.
iii) Having knowledge of zeolite and biomass transformations.
Tenure of Fellowship: Initially three months, renewable on a quarterly basis on satisfactory performance.
The interested candidates may send their filled-in application form (available on the institute’s website) along with self-attested photocopies of relevant education, experience, caste (if applicable) certificates latest by 29th July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview through video-conferencing mode.
Process of Engagement
The applications received will be screened by a committee for shortlisting the candidates for interview. The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee through video-conferencing mode. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on a Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
- Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
- The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
- The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website: www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications along with self-attested photocopies of all the relevant educational, experience, caste (if applicable) certificates should be sent by e-mail only to: [email protected] latest by 29th July 2021.
- Please note that no hard copy of the application is required at this stage.
- All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
- A number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee through video-conferencing mode. Kindly note that in case there is a substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. The decision of the CEO, CIAB shall be final and binding on all in this respect.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: CIAB Research Associate Jobs – Chemical Engg & Chemistry Apply. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.