BITS-Pilani Chemical Engineering Jobs – Applications Invited
BITS-Pilani Chemical Applications are invited from eligible candidates to work as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a DST (Department of Science & Technology) sponsored project (under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)) at Mechanical Engineering Department, BITS-Pilani, (Pilani campus), Rajasthan.
Project Title: Development and Usage of a 3D, Parallel, Multiphysics Solver for
Simulating Electrically Assisted Melt and Solution Spinning with High-velocity Gas Jets Using the Rheological Constitutive Approach for Liquid Jet Dynamics
Project Duration: 2 years
Dr. Shyam Sunder Yadav (PI), Mechanical Engineering,
Dr. Arkaprovo Ghosal (Co-PI), Chemical Engineering
We plan to develop, test, and use a three-dimensional, parallel code capable of simulating the electrospinning and melt spinning processes in the presence of externally applied electric and concentric gas-jet flow fields. We use an Eulerian approach based on the Volume-of-fluid method for tracking the generation of the Taylor cones in the viscoelastic fluid jet near the die and the Lagrangian approach for tracking the movement and interaction of multiple solidified filaments/fibers formed from the Taylor cones.
Objectives of the project are as follows:
1) To develop, test, and use a 3D, parallel solver for the simulation of high-speed gas-jet-assisted melt-spinning, electrospinning, and electrospraying processes.
2) To conduct a detailed parametric study for investigating the effect of the most sensitive governing parameters that dictate the behaviour of the fibers/filaments produced during the electrospinning/melt spinning process.
3) To address the droplet disintegration and charge distribution
the mechanism in electrospraying processes.
4) To establish the structure-process-property relations for melt-spinning, electrospinning, and electrospraying processes.
Fellowship Rs. 31,000/- per month for 2 years.
Essential Post Graduate Degree in Chemical Engineering,
Qualifications Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described
through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test USIRUGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b. The selection process through National examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
- Good knowledge of programming in FORTRAN / C / C++ in a Linux environment. Basic Knowledge of CFD of Two-phase flows is expected. Experience with Volume of Fluid Method, Front Tracking Method, Viscoelastic flows will be an advantage.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be informed through email and called for an interview to be held shortly at Mechanical Engineering Department, BITS-Pilani, (Pilani Campus), Rajasthan.
3. Candidates who have sent their resumes earlier need not send it again. It will be considered.
- For any queries regarding the position, please feel free to email the PI.
- The position mentioned is temporary and for the period of duration of the project (2 years).
- Selected candidates will be encouraged to join the Ph.D. program of BITS-Pilani as per institute rules.
- If the performance of the candidate is found unsatisfactory, the position can be terminated with a 1-month notice.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Most probably, the interview will be
conducted in online mode.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: BITS-Pilani Chemical Engineering Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.