BACARDI Liquid R&D Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
As a Liquid R&D Scientist developing new consumer preferred and winning formulations, pioneering new technology and processing routes, application of advance analytical and sensory techniques as well as consumer validation. Develops formulations manufacturing processes, identification, characterization and evaluation of material and products at all stages of the development process.
This position may also serve as an expert in a specific technical skill or area of expertise and act as an R&D representative on cross-functional teams.
As Liquid Development Scientist supports new product development (NPD) with analytical, liquid formulation and process engineering experience to lead new product initiatives in, flavored spirits, RTDs and other alcoholic beverage products.
Job Title: Liquid R&D Scientist (AMEA)
Function: Operations – Supply Chain – Logistics – Procurement
Reporting Line: Senior Manager R&D (AMEA)
Job type: Full time
Lead recruiter: Swati Bagga
Skills and Experience
- The Skills & Experience needed to create your legacy
- Masters in Science /Chemical Engineering/other related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in a beverages/foods/alcohol product development
Practical knowledge of NPD –Stage gate process
- A practical approach with significant experience of using experimental design, measurement and interpretation in the development of new products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work well with others, and ability to plan and execute work independently with minimal supervision
- Mobility – willing to travel 20%-30% of time
- Knowledge and experience the Spirit business (nice to have)
- Proficient working knowledge in applying general good laboratory practices and procedures
- Demonstrating necessary commitments and knowledge towards safety requirements
- Possess good knowledge of natural sciences and food science
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Preferably have working and/or hands-on knowledge and experience in some or all of the following techniques: HPLC, MS, GC, Spectrophotometer, Sensory
- Globally minded and able to demonstrate cross-cultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Great communication skills and gravitas with the ability to present credibly to local and global stakeholders.
- Someone who has a passion for creativity and like experimenting with flavors
- Someone who can study the competitive market in the region and use available insights to develop initiatives to develop and work on new flavors
- With our Consumer at the heart, your key focus will be to:
- Works on the development of new products formulations, following requirements and priorities agreed as per innovation pipeline and timing
- Work on reformulation of existing products for quality improvement and value engineering
- Generate new concept and idea to suit the fast-changing consumer expectations
- Regular interaction with suppliers, flavor houses, and external agencies to deliver projects within agreed timelines.
- Travel to manufacturing plants and supervises production of new/reformulated products as may be necessary
- Demonstrate ability to work in a global environment and cross-functionally with supply chain, production, marketing, and sales
- Evaluate new product flavors and aromas via the sense of taste and smell.
- Maintains precise experimental records; issues test methods, validation protocols, and reports, issues project status and other reports
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of documentation as it relates to the flavors and formulation.
- Partner with key suppliers, outside research institutes, and agencies to develop new concepts and ideas.
- Independently designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of existing and new technology.
- Keeps abreast of, explores, and develops new technologies and shares information with his team and Manager
- Develops strong, collaborative relationships with other departments/groups and fosters an environment of knowledge sharing
- Seeks advice from colleagues and Management when unexpected results occur or when major changes to project plans are considered
- Maintains awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding
Editors Note: BACARDI Liquid R&D Scientist Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.