IISc Bengaluru Post Doc Research Fellow Vacancy – COVID -19 Project
Applications are invited for the position of a post-doctoral research fellow, to work on a project entitled “Direct numerical simulation of cough/sneeze/speech flows for understanding transmission dynamics of COVID-19-type infections”. This is a multi-institutional project involving researchers from IISc-Bengaluru, ICTS-TIFR-Bengaluru, JNCASR-Bengaluru and Nordita (KTH)- Stockholm.
Job Title: post-doctoral research fellow
The project involves
• To carry out direct numerical simulations (DNS) for cough/sneeze/speech flows using an
available code, on a supercomputer housed at one of these institutes.
• To modify the existing code to include the dynamics of individual liquid droplets,
including gravitational settling and phase change, and to parallelize the modified code.
• To carry out a study on the computed results to improve our understanding of these flows, and to develop physics-based models.
Required qualifications/skills are as follows:
• PhD in Chemical Engineering or in Physics with the PhD topic
being in computational and theoretical fluid dynamics.
• Strong understanding of fluid dynamics, turbulence and moist thermodynamics.
• Good expertise in numerical programming, code parallelization and running codes on a
• Strong publication record.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will be expected to make independent and rapid progress.
Those interested are encouraged to apply to the Raman Post-doc program at IISc
(https://iisc.ac.in/post-docs/) or the ICTS post-doctoral fellowship program
(https://www.icts.res.in/academic/postdoctoral-fellowships). These fellowships are highly
competitive and only outstanding candidates will be considered.
For informal queries on the position and the project, contact Dr Sourabh S. Diwan
(email@example.com) / Prof Rama Govindarajan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
View Main Notification
Editors Note: IISc Bengaluru Post Doc Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.