BPharm MPharm Entrance exams in India. Top 10 BPharm and MPharm entrance exams to study pharmacy in the best pharmaceutical institutes in India.
Pharmacy is a health profession that links pharmaceutical sciences with health sciences. It is the science and technique of preparing, dispensing, and reviewing drugs and providing additional clinical services. A career in pharmacy can be exciting as it involves the knowledge of all the medicines that are essential for human life. To excel academically in the field of pharmacy, it is important to know the best institutions to join. The one-way ticket to having a bright future in the pharmacy field is by clearing the top pharmacy entrance exams and getting your pharmacy degree from renowned institutions. Here is a list of Top 10 B.Pharm and M.Pharm Entrance exams.
National Level Exam MPharm Entrance exams
- CSIR-UGC NET Test
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
- The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)
University/State Level Exams BPharm MPharm Entrance exams
- Panjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET )
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- MU OET (Manipal University Online Entrance Test)
- JSS College of Pharmacy Entrance Exam
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE)
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE)
National Level Entrance Exams:
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India, a premier national R&D organization, is among the world’s largest publicly funded R&D organization. CSIR conducts the CSIR UGC NET Examination for life sciences and chemical sciences graduates to get eligibility for applying for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship (LS). This exam is conducted online mode and is a computer-based test.
- Eligibility requirements: A candidate must have an M.Sc, BS-MS, BS-4 Year, BE, B.Tech, B.Pharma, MBBS, or any equivalent degree 55% aggregate marks to be eligible for the exam. The age limit for JRF is 28 years, and below, while for lectureship, there is no age limit.
- Subjects covered: Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Earth Sciences.
- Important Dates: This exam is conducted twice a year. The exam is held in December and in June. The application process happens a month or two months before the exam.
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is the entrance exam for admission to various M. Pharm programs. The conducting body of this exam is the National Testing Agency (NTA). Around 800 institutes accept the GPAT score, offering more than 40,000 seats. All the institutions approved by AICTE accept the GPAT score. The top colleges accepting GPAT score: Jamia Hamdard, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Chemical Technology, Poona College of Pharmacy, JSS College of Pharmacy, Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya-Sagar, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, and Bombay College of Pharmacy.
- Eligibility Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy B.Pharm (4 years after class 12). Lateral entry candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates in the final year of B. Pharmacy course can also apply.
- Subjects covered: Physical and Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis,Biochemistry,Biotechnology,Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Physical Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence, and Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy
- Important Dates: The application must be submitted between the 1st of November to 30th November. The application process requirements like signature and photo must be uploaded by the 1st of December. During the last week of January, the exam is conducted, and the results are out in the following month.
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) conducts Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) every year in a computer-based examination for admissions to postgraduate and Ph.D. programs in pharmacy. The exam duration is for 2 hours, with 200 multiple choice questions, and it includes negative marking. There are around 234 seats offered by the participating Institutes, including NIPER S.A.S Nagar(Mohali), NIPER Raebareli, NIPER Kolkata, NIPER Ahmedabad.
- Eligibility Requirements: A B.Pharm degree in respective discipline according to the course for which they are applying. The percentage of the undergraduate degree must be at least 60% marks or equivalent 6.75 CGPA.
- Subjects covered: Natural Products, Pharmaceutical Technology, Clinical Research, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biotechnology, Medicinal Devices, Medicinal Chemistry.
- Important dates: The exam is conducted in the month of June, and the applications and registration process starts in April and ends by May. The results are usually out during the first week of July.
Panjab University conducts the Panjab University Undergraduate Common Entrance Test (PUCET) and the same exam for postgraduate courses, both in an offline mode for admission B.Pharma and M.Pharma programs at the university. There are about 188 participating institutions. The exam duration is for 70 minutes, and it consists of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Eligibility Criteria: For PU CET (U.G.), candidates with 10+2 qualification by a recognized Board/University/Council can apply and for the PU CET (P.G.) Entrance Test candidates should have a B.Pharm Degree.
- Important dates: Exam is conducted in the month of June every year, the application and exam process starts by the end of April.
The Birla Institute of Technology (BITs) is among the top 10 institutes in India, promoting a rich Pharmacy research culture. Students have to go through the GPAT exam, and that score, along with the scores in Online BITS Higher Degree (BITS HD) test, conducted by BITS Pilani, is considered for the admission. Both the test scores are considered 50% each in terms of seat availability. Based on the number of applications received and the seats available, the admission team will consider both the scores and will make a cut-off for each exam.
- Eligibility Requirements: For B.Pharm, candidates must write BITSAT, and according to the scores obtained, the admission is made. For postgraduate courses, a B.Pharm degree with at least 60% in the degree. Students appearing for their final year of B.Pharm are also eligible.
- Subjects covered: There are two levels in the exam — the first level with questions from core physics, mathematics, English language skills, and computer programming. The next level of examination covers topics like Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pharmacognosy, Phytochemistry, Natural Drugs, Anatomy Physiology & Hygiene, Pharmaceutical Formulations, and Biopharmaceutics, Industrial & Physical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical and Instrumental Methods of Analysis, Forensic Pharmacy & Quality Control Management, and Dispensing Pharmacy.
- Important dates: The application forms are available in the month of April, and by the end of the next month, they have to be submitted. The exams are conducted in the month of May, after which the results are declared towards the end of the month.
Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences is ranked among the top 10 Pharmacy colleges across the nation and accepts its fresh B.Pharm and M.Pharm students through the Manipal Entrance Test, which is conducted across various centers in the nation. Some of the important highlights of this exam include:
- Eligibility Requirements: For the B.Pharm course, students must have passed 10+2 with any of the subjects as an optional subject, Physics, English, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics Candidate, based on their MET score, admission is made. For M.Pharm courses, they must have a B.Pharm degree with a minimum mark of 50%, including all Semesters, and the admission is according to the scores in the entrance exam.
- Subjects covered: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Management, and Jurisprudence, Pathology, Physiology, and Pharmacy Practise.
- Important dates – The deadline for applying for the exam is by March for undergraduate courses, and for postgraduate courses, by the month of May, the applications must be submitted. The exam is usually conducted in the following month, and the results are announced in the month of July.
JSS College of Pharmacy has two pharmacy college campuses, one at Mysore, Karnataka, and another at Ooty, Tamilnadu. JSS University is a deemed university, and it conducts its own entrance exam for the undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacy courses through the JSS University Entrance Exam.
- Eligibility requirements: Candidate should have pass 10+2 or equivalent from any approved Board or university with not less than 50% marks in any combination comprising P.C.M. or P.C.B, or P.C.M.B. selection will be based as per university norms. A candidate who has passed B.Pharm degree with minimum 55% of the maximum marks (aggregate of four years) is eligible for the admission to the M.Pharm course.
- Subjects covered: Industrial Pharmacy, Pharma Quality Assurance, Pharma Regulatory Affairs, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacy Practise, Pharmacology.
- Important dates: The admission process starts by the month of March, and the admissions are finalized in the month of June. The JSS Entrance Exam notification is released in the month of March.
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Tamil Nadu, has a renowned education style and a great research environment with the latest lab equipment. The admission for pharmacy courses is made through the SRM Joint Entrance Examination (SRM JEE) for Health Sciences.
- Eligibility Requirements: The minimum eligibility to apply for B.Pharm. Is a 10+2 pass or equivalent with English and PCM/B as the main subjects. A B.Pharm degree with at least 55% marks overall. Admission is made through the scores obtained in SRMJEEH (UG) and (PG).
- Subjects covered: Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Quality Assurance, Pharmacy Practise, and Regulatory Affairs.
- Important dates: The last date to submit the application form is usually around the last week of March. The exam is conducted in the month of April, and the results are announced towards the first week of May.
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Cell on behalf of the DTE for admissions to various programs like B.Tech, B.Pharm, LLB, MBA, etc. The entrance test is a computer-based test and is separate for each program. Some admissions like medical, architecture (UG) are through NEET, NATA, etc.
- Eligibility requirements: Candidate should have pass 10+2 or equivalent from any approved Board or university, with any of the subjects as an optional subject Physics, English, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, having at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together along with the score in the entrance exam. For M.Pharm courses, the candidate must have a B.Pharm degree, having at least 50% marks, and must either have GPAT score or should qualify the MAH-MPH-CET exam.
- Important Dates: Online registration starts from the month of January, and the exam will be conducted in the month of May. The results are announced during the first week of June.
This is a common BPharm MPharm Entrance entrance exam conducted for admission to undergraduate courses in pharmacy and engineering in West Bengal. Candidates who qualify in the entrance exam will get access to institutions in the state.
- Eligibility Requirements: WBJEE Eligibility criteria differs from course to course. They must have studied with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology/Computer Science/ Biotechnology/Computer Application as compulsory subjects with pass marks in both Practical and Theory sections individually. The aggregate marks in these three subjects taken together should not be less than 45% (for SC/ST/OBC /PwD 40%).
- Important Dates: The exam is conducted in the month of April. The application process starts in December and ends by March.
The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination or UPSEE 2020 will be conducted for admissions to various UG and PG courses. The UPSEE is conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University.
- Eligibility requirements: Candidates must first meet the general eligibility requirements of UPSEE 2020. Candidates are also required to pass their Class 12 or Intermediary examination from a recognized University/Board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics/Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects. Candidates must also pass in each of the mandatory subjects without grace marks and must secure 45% in aggregate (40% for SC/ST category) in the three compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Important Dates: The application process happens from January to March, and the exam is conducted in the month of April.
Editor’s Note: BPharm Entrance Exam MPharm Entrance Exam Top 10 BPharm and MPharm entrance exams BPharm MPharm Entrance exams in India.