- To execute the projects designated by the Line Manager Process Research as per the team priorities and to deliver results efficiently.
- To plan and perform the organic reactions on daily basis and complete projects as per the agreed objectives and milestones.
- To support the Line Manager in running the laboratory efficiently.
- To maintain the laboratory resources and equipments.
- To maintain highest standards of HSE including laboratory housekeeping.
- To be able to interact with colleagues in other research sites as and when required.
- To analyze and report results to the Line Manager.
- To record and precise documentation of the reactions result in ELN.
- To maintain complete confidentiality of all Syngenta intellectual property
- Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Experience PhD with or without experience
- MSc with experience of 3-4 years in a synthetic organic chemistry lab.
- Knowledge of named organic reactions and mechanisms.
- Well versed in performing various organic reactions viz; C-C and C-N bond formation (Heterocycle), oxidation, reduction, protection/deprotection of organic functionalities, air and moisture sensitive reactions.
- Knowledge of HSE aspects as applicable to working in chemistry laboratory.
- Knowledge of using scientific literature resources.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to record and report scientific results in a clear manner, ability to work in cross cultural environment.
Language : English
Education / Qualifications: M.Sc. or PhD in Organic Chemistry from a reputed institution