Novartis International AG is a Swiss multinational pharmaceutical company based in Basel, Switzerland. It is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies by both market cap and sales.
Job Title: Associate Scientist
1. Actively participate in project teams/meetings/networks Associate Scientist
2. Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects.
3. Plan, organize, perform and document DS/DP related analytical activities including release/stability testing, method development/validation etc. under minimal guidance from more experienced team member
4. Provide efficient and robust processes for the analysis of DS/DP under adequate guidance from more experienced team members.
5. Provide raw data documentation and results evaluation. Propose and provide input for the design of next experiments.
6. Optimize existing analytical methods and develop more efficient ones.
7. Generate lab procedures, reports and/or instructions and/or SOP’s.
8. Communicate and address problems, perform safety and literature searches under moderate guid-ance from more experienced team member.
9. Keep record of and manage chemicals, intermediates, excipients and solvents within own area of responsibility.
10. Actively contribute to team goals.
11. Evaluate new lab equipment
12. Contribute to maintenance of infrastructure/equipment
1 . PHD [0 -2] / Post MSC/MPHARM with min 3+ Yrs / B. Pharmwith close to 6+ years of relevant . PHD [0 -2] / Post MSC/MPHARM with min 3+ Yrs / B. Pharm with close to 6+ years of relevant experience in the Pharmaceutical industry experience.
2. Practical knowledge and hands-on experience with Dissolution, HPLC, stability assessment of dosage forms and/or inhalation methods
3. Working knowledge in the use of the following instrumentation: GC, titrimeters, UV/NIR/IR Spectroscopy. Advanced computer skills: LIMS, chromatography data acquisition systems, MS office
4. Effective team player, able to work in a flexible, dynamic working environment
5. Good knowledge of cGMP requirements
6. Good oral and scientific writing skills
7. Good multi-tasking with good time management skills.