A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Specialist – Content Curation
Research, evaluate, develop and optimize scientific content for the company’s Analytical Chemistry product portfolio. The content will be used on the company’s e-commerce website in order to help the customers make their purchase decisions and enhance the user experience.
• MSc/PhD in Analytical Chemistry discipline with 3-4 years of experience as a scientific content writer/curator.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS REQUIRED
• Strong writing skills with a proven track record of producing high-quality scientific content for the global audience.
• Ability to produce accurate and well written scientific content without the need for further editing and proofing.
• Ability to edit and rewrite the content written by other writers for the subject and language accuracy.
• Strong scientific background and broad knowledge base with the ability to quickly absorb unfamiliar research topics
• Familiar with publishing best practices and citation of references.
• Proficient in searching, navigating and comprehending peer-reviewed scientific literature.
• Ability to understand and produce information that researchers will find most useful during product evaluation.
• Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) techniques.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Hands-on experience in a scientific research lab is preferable.
• Proficient in interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in problem solving, planning & execution, business acumen, customer orientation and high impact communication.
• A good team player.