Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet, Hill’s Prescription Diet and Hill’s Ideal Balance.
Job Title : Chemical Hazard Communication Scientist Level 1
- Scope of Responsibility: The Individual in the Chemical Hazard Communication Scientist Level 1 position will work with Hazard Communication Leader, within Global EOHS to create Colgate Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and/or support the Sr Chemical Hazard Communication Scientist with research and population of critical Foundation Data.
- Core responsibilities will include: Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Process Colgate requests to generate Colgate final product, intermediate, Global flavor and fragrances SDS in all relevant business languages.
Utilize SDS work-flow within SAP and develop knowledge of SAP SDS generation functionality.
Develop basic knowledge of SDS regulations and requirements for referenced geographies.
Ensure the content of Colgate SDS is accurate.
Develop internal network with Product Development, EOHS, Regulatory and Business partners as required to support SDS generation.
Adjust work process as additional geographies are included in generation process and/or utilize SAP SDS generation functionality.
- Foundation Data Research
Work with Sr Chemical Hazard Communication Scientist and Environmental and Occupational Toxicologist to research foundation data for pure substances
Review foundation data for accuracy and completeness, upload into PDM, apply compliance rules and ensure correct Regulatory compliance classifications are determined
Work with Sr Chemical Hazard Communication Scientist to develop and implement current and incoming pure substance review process
Support implementation of GHS requirements as appropriate.
- A minimum of a Masters in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Chemistry or comparable discipline is required.
- 1+ years of experience
- Strong aptitude for computers with experience working in SAP, Excel and regulatory databases.
- Candidate must exhibit good written and verbal skills as well as analytical and organizational skills.
- Candidate must exhibit ability to work independently, as well as exhibit team building skills.
- Highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic
- Manages time well
- This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. Diplomacy and tact are required at all times.
- Knowledgeable in raw materials used in consumer products preferred.
- Experience in chemical risk/hazard assessment preferred.