INSTITUTE OF NANO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
(An Autonomous institute of Department of science and Technology, GOI)
Habitat Centre, Phase X, Sector 64, Mohali-160062, Punjab
Applications are invited from highly motivated and bright candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow in DST projects under the supervision of Dr. Kamalakannan Kailasam, Scientist E, Principal Investigator, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/ Project Assistant (PA) in Project I
No. of Posts: 2
Title of the Research Project 1: “Photocatalytic Water Splitting to produce H 2 and Fine Chemicals under Natural Sunlight” (DST-Nanomission Project)
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/ Project Assistant (PA) in Project II
No. of Posts: 1
Title of the Research Project 2: “Cellulose Aerogel Materials” (DST-CERI Project).
Principal Investigator: Dr. Kamalakannan Kailasam, Scientist E,
Funding Agency: DST
Age Limit: Must not be over 28 years as on 30 th October, 2017 which is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ ST/ PH/ OBC
Salary: ₹ 25,000/- per month + 20% HRA per month for JRF with NET/LS/GATE OR ₹ 14,000/- + 20% HRA per
month for PA without NET/GATE
Job Description: DST-Nanomission project involves the synthesis of nanomaterials for simultaneous
hydrogen production through water splitting and fine chemicals under natural sunlight. The DST-CERI project involves
the synthesis of cellulose biopolymers for various applications.
- Essential qualifications: M. Sc. / M. Tech. in any discipline of Chemistry/ Material Science with NET/LS/GATE, etc.
Candidates without GATE/NET etc. shall be eligible for PA position.
- Desirable Experience: Research experience in synthesis of nanomaterials, organic compounds and handling of
spectroscopic and chromatographic techniques.
General Terms and Conditions:
1) The positions are temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance. The positions shall be
coterminous with the project. Candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular PhD program provided they satisfy the eligibility criterion for PhD program in INST norms.
2) Completely filled, signed application form must be submitted as per the attached template.
3) Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview. Self-attested photocopies of these documents are to be sent along with application and also to be provided at the time of interview.
4) Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communication in this
regard will be entertained. It should be noted that the candidates residing beyond 1000 km from Mohali may opt for
online interview if shortlisted.
5) No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Completed applications should reach on or before October-30, 2017 by post or via email attachment (all files as
one combined PDF) addressed to:
Dr. KAMALAKANNAN KAILASAM,
Scientist-E/ Associate Professor
Institute of Nano Science and Technology,
Habitat Centre, Phase-X,
Sector-64, Mohali, Punjab – 160062
Email: [email protected]