The Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar strives to offer the best undergraduate and graduate education in India with unmatched innovations in curriculum. The institute promotes critical thinking and an appreciation of the interdisciplinary character of knowledge, with an emphasis on the liberal arts, project oriented learning, compulsory courses in design and the life sciences, diversity and globalization. The five-week immersion Foundation Programme for all new undergraduate students was recognized with the World Education Award 2013 by the World Education Summit for innovations in engineering education. Nearly a quarter of its undergraduate students receive study abroad experience during their academic career. IIT Gandhinagar is committed to promoting excellence in science, technology, as well as the humanities and social sciences and to the development of rounded and nuanced minds.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Posts: 1
Project Title: Protein disaggregation mechanisms through surface patterning
Salary: Rs. 25,000 pm (consolidated)
- The applicant should have completed his/her Bachelors with GATE/NET qualification or
Masters in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry/Material Engineering/Physics with atleast 70%
marks. Applicants are expected to have a strong knowledge of Thermodynamics, Statistical
Mechanics, Monte Carlo simulations and Polymer physics. A strong programming skill either
C/C++/Fortran/Python is required. Knowledge of high performance computing systems and
clusters is desired if not absolutely necessary. Knowledge of Density Functional theory is a
- The Junior Research Fellow is expected to work on developing simulations and field theories
to understand protein aggregation and subsequently work on mechanisms to disaggregate
proteins through surface patterning approaches.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates must send their applications via e-mail to Prof. Mithun Radhakrishna
([email protected]) with the subject line: JRF-Application-Your Name. It should include
the current CV with list of publications (if any), and a one page summary of the candidate’s
- As a part of the application, you are advised to arrange for two letters of references to be
sent to Prof. Mithun Radhakrishna at [email protected]. The applications will continue to
be screened until the position is filled – queries may be directed to the same email id given
- Applications are accepted through email from October 2,2017 and the last date for the receipt of the complete application (including two reference letters) by email is October 31, 2017 (see the details on the application procedure below).
Application Deadline – October 31, 2017