The USP Information Center, located at USP–U.S. in Rockville, MD, is home to the USP library collection and its archive of historical artifacts, photographs, and memorabilia.
The public is welcome to view the collection, but we ask all visitors request permission to view and use Information Center resources at least 24 hours in advance by contacting the Information Center manager at +1-301-816-8352 or [email protected].
Job Title : Scientist I/II, Verification Programs
Tracking Code : 887-679
This is a non-supervisory position in Verification Programs department, responsible for performing the required tests as a part of the projects and maintaining GLP environment in the lab.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute the analytical tests allotted by team leader.
- Complete the projects as per the project timelines and priorities.
- Compilation of project reports and response to QA observations.
- Ensure the implementation of GLP, safety systems in the labs.
- Ensure the calibration of the equipment’s as per the schedules.
- Indent chemicals, column, Glass ware and other project requirements and their procurement by coordination with lab operation and purchase department in advance keeping in mind the project deadlines.
- Ensure and follow USP mission, policies and procedures.
- Maintain good relationship with RSL, PQM, Lab Operations and other departments.
- Preparation, executing and completing IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments.
- Preparation and planning for ISO-9001 & ISO- 17025 certification/recertification by participating actively, verification of protocols and related documents and take an active role in the internal as well as external QA audits and address the audit issues on a timely manner.
- Taking up any other additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor on a proactive basis and allotting additional responsibilities to the reporting staff in consultation with the supervisor.
- Must have hands on experience in working with chemical methods and handling instruments like HPLC, GC, Dissolution, ICP, FTIR, UV-Visible, etc.
- Familiarity with and exposure to external regulatory audits required. Working knowledge of computer applications, such as MS Word and MS Excel and exposure to lab software’s such as Empower , e-LNB and NuGenesis, would be advantageous.
- Prior experience of Formulation and Dietary supplements analysis in a high volume pharmaceutical manufacturing QC laboratory or contract pharmaceutical analytical laboratory testing organization is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers.
Masters in Pharmaeutical Sciences (M.Pharm) Or Master’s Degree in Chemistry (Organic/ Analytical Chemistry) with 1-5 years hands on experience in the field of analytical testing of pharmaceutical substances, finished products and Dietary Supplements.
Job Location : Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular