R&D Chemist at Sherwin-Williams, Apply Online
Sherwin-Williams is a leading company in the paint and coatings industry. Our team of talented chemists work on innovative projects to develop new products and find solutions for our customers. We prioritize safety and compliance in all our operations, adhering to company and HR procedures and policies.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Performs a wide variety of projects requiring comprehensive understanding of formula adjustment, specialized techniques, and advanced equipment; assists with developing and implementing new methods.
- Meets with management and customers to examine project objectives, outline tasks, deliver presentations, explain project results, and other related activities; may receive guidance on highly complex or sensitive projects.
- Develops project objectives and sample applications and outlines project tasks based on direction received from the manager.
- Reviews and develops reports and documents detailing project processes, results, and conclusions and leads or performs additional research when required; responds to comprehensive questions and concerns from customers.
- Interprets and applies department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensures compliance with these areas.
- Coordinates color matching, technology, and related projects with other divisions, departments, or groups; works with technology to get the things done as per the timelines and directions provided.
- Reviews and completes documents, forms, and reports regarding operations, daily activities, and customer requests.
- Based on the training provided should be able to operate and calibrates equipment that requires professional judgment and background.
- Should be able to lead the development projects with minimum assistance and completes as per the committed timelines.
- Developing new products and doing the customer trials.
- Complaint handling, root cause analysis and resolutions.
- Understanding the product stewardship, safety policies and complying with them in all the formulating activities.
- To comply with the HR, company and safety procedures and policies.
- Performs duties as assigned.
- Applying comprehensive color chemistry principles and formulas.
- Prioritizing and assigning work.
- Researching new technologies, techniques, and applications.
- Developing technical reports regarding formula and product requirements.
- Utilizing specialized principles and practices in the field.
- Coordinating multiple projects and customer needs.
- Prioritizing work and customer needs.
- Interpreting and applying department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Working with internal and external management and customers.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications.
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
5-7 years of industrial chemistry experience, including two years of experience within the paint and/or coatings industry.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, B.Tech/BE in Chemical/Polymer/Paint Technology or equivalent education and experience.
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Apply at the original notification here.
SEO Keywords: R&D Chemist, Sherwin-Williams, Bengaluru, Karnataka, Job Posting, Chemistry, Apply Online. R&D Chemist at Sherwin-Williams, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.