Chemistry Technical Writer Vacancy at Thermo Fisher Scientific, Apply Online
Technical Writer III
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Job ID: R-01203180
Job Type: Full time
Category: Research & Development
Remote: Fully Onsite
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Technical Writer opportunity is part of the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry division, which delivers market-leading analytical solutions. Our solutions help customers advance science, become more efficient, and improve their bottom lines. Our offerings shape the lab of the future by accelerating innovation and driving productivity. In short, our goal is to make labs work the way people think they do – with cloud-connected, instantaneous information available seamlessly to scientists across the globe.
This role is based in Bangalore or Hyderabad, IN.
How will you make an impact?
As a Technical Writer, you will collaborate with multiple teams to create high-quality user documentation, animations, and videos that enhance thecustomer experience. All projects follow our internal quality management system and require the use of various tools for creating, revising, and reviewing product user documentation, animations, and videos, as well as supporting translation initiatives. As part of this role, you’ll collaborate with fellow team members to discuss, plan, and implement documentation-focused projects that support a range of organizational initiatives. Technical Writers at Thermo Fisher Scientific can expect:
- A dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits packages
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
What will you do?
- Research and write hardware and software documentation for analytical instruments, such as liquid, gas, or ion chromatographs and mass spectrometers.
- Create new animations and update existing ones to explain complex workflows, device installation, and maintenance procedures.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, product evaluation teams, project managers, and product managers in a scientific environment.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of documentation standards.
- Peer review user documentation.
- Exhibit your skills in creating animations and videos to embed in documentation.
- Create topic-based information that is scalable and reusable.
How will you get here?
Degree in technical communication, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field with an emphasis on technical documentation, or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years as a technical writer, preferably in a hardware device development environment.
- Experience in writing hardware installation, maintenance instructions, troubleshooting, or training materials. This may include standard operating procedures, as well as manuals or help systems.
- Experience with analytical instruments will be considered an advantage.
- Familiarity with Darwin Information Type Architecture (DITA)-based CCMS and authoring tools.
- Knowledge of DITA, content analysis, metadata/taxonomy structuring will be good to have.
- Experience with screen-capture software and video production tools such as Captivate, Storyline, Camtasia, or Final Cut Pro.
- Flexible and proactive, with the ability to work in an environment of constant change.
- Must be able to collaborate with scientists, fellow writers, project managers, and program managers.
- Strong communication skills and excellent English writing abilities. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide writing samples and take a test on camera or at our office.
- Must be highly organized and pay attention to detail.
Link to Original Notification to apply: Apply Here
Keywords: Chemistry Technical Writer Vacancy, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Apply Online, Technical Writer III, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, Research & Development, Remote, Full time, Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry division, analytical solutions, lab of the future, R&D, user documentation, animations, videos, hardware, software, liquid, gas, ion chromatographs, mass spectrometers, collaboration, documentation standards, DITA, CCMS, authoring tools, screen-capture software, video production tools, communication skills, English writing abilities, application. Chemistry Technical Writer Vacancy at Thermo Fisher Scientific, Apply Online. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.