Sabic Lead Scientist For BTech Chem Engg
The Global Technology Licensing function has the role of technology sourcing, deployment and governance. This is through tendering and negotiations with global technology providers (Licensors) and customers (licensees) in order to establish and execute technology based License/Engineering-PDP/service/study agreements and NDAs with optimum terms and conditions and different stakeholders. Global Licensing govern the interface between SABIC and external Licensors/Licensees in accordance to respective internal workflow of technology transfers though several tools such as SOIs, NDAs, RFPs, LA/EAs, and others. This role extends from agreement request, agreement finalization, technology implementation and all the way to the expiry of licensing agreements and the associated obligations.
- Develop Process Design Packages: Develop Process Design Packages for all SABIC proprietary technologies utilizing internal resources and capabilities. This requires working closely with Business Units Technology & Innovation (BU T&Is) and Licensing Out Department to prepare the needed packages.
- State of the Art Tools and Design Practices: Develop and maintain state of the art tools and industrial best design practices in Process Separations, Reaction Engineering, Fluid Mechanics and Mixing, Solids & Fluidization, Heat Transfer and Process Modeling. Deploy such expertise across SABIC through training and/or Communities of Practitioners.
- Technology Marketing and Negotiations: Technology marketing, engagement with customers (Licensees) and negotiations in alignment with different stakeholders as appropriate and participate in generating agreement summaries for the review and approval of Licensing-out Managers.
- Technology Screening and Selection: Technology screening, selection and negotiations in alignment with different stakeholders as appropriate and participate in generating agreement summaries for the review and approval of Licensing-In Managers.
- Govern Licensing Agreements: Govern licensing agreements commercially post agreement signing and until expiry throughout the life of the operating plants for SABIC, SABIC Affiliates, its JVs complex mega projects globally.
- Technical Services and Studies: Technical services and studies while leading negotiations in coordination with all relevant stakeholders.
- Lead NDAs Activities: Lead NDAs activities from initiation until execution including review and verification of NDAs need and its required parameters through engagements with IP legal and other stakeholders.
- Govern IP Protection Mechanisms: Govern IP protection mechanisms across SABIC functions and JVs globally.
- Engage with Stakeholders: Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and create visibility for the impact made by the Technology Licensing Support (TLS) Department. Establish appropriate interactions with key internal stakeholders like the Licensing Out department, BU T&I, Strategic Business Units (SBUs), Engineering & Project Management (E&PM), and external stakeholders as well.
- Engineering Knowledge and Standards: Demonstrate basic understanding of engineering codes & standards, best practices, SABIC Engineering Standards in process engineering discipline. Demonstrate technical knowledge of process engineering such as equipment design, engineering software & calculation to be able to support the team in design, engineering deliverables and equipment supplier evaluation and display basic knowledge to develop/review engineering drawings/equipment datasheets.
- Mastery in Project Management: Demonstrate mastery in project Charter development, Project Management Plan, change control and Project close out process.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B. Tech in Chemical Engineering
- 2-20 years of experience is needed.
- Experience in technologies licensing is preferred.
- Experience of handling major PDP, CDP, FEED and Detailed Engineering Activities including exposure to plant and Project implementation.
- Experience in process simulation and different Petrochemical technologies
- Experience in project engineering or operations is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of Process simulators such as Aspen, Hysis, Line hydraulic calculation software, Relief load calculation software, etc.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Effective analytical, problems solving skills and possess high assertiveness/negotiation skills
- Creative and innovative.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of International standards, codes and regulations and Process improvement best practices
Applicants must hold the minimum qualifications mentioned above and is ready to provide supporting documents for his candidacy for the position upon request.
Editor’s Note: Sabic Lead Scientist For BTech Chem Engg. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.