Head Water Chemistry and Quality Control
Mansa, Punjab, India
Job posted on: Sep 25, 2023
Employee Type: Executive
Vedanta is a leading company in the power industry, committed to transforming for good. We encourage seasoned leaders with soaring passion and drive to seize leadership opportunities. Cross-functional and women leaders are encouraged to apply for this transformational opportunity. With a capacity of 4180 MW across Punjab, Chattisgarh, and Andhra Pradesh, our Power Business is poised for significant growth and value generation, contributing to the nation’s growth by supplying power to end users with strong margins.
Job Title: Head Water Chemistry, Quality & Stores – TSPL
Designation: Manager/Deputy Manager
Location: Mansa, Punjab
Key Functional Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Water Treatment, DM water Plant, Condensate Polishing unit, RO ETP STP operations of Power Plant
- Exposure to handle Statuary compliances with PCB, MOEF with reference to water and waste water management etc.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 ISO 14001 OHSAS compliances
- In-depth knowledge of Boiler water & Cooling water chemistry, Coal & Ash Chemistry and environmental areas.
- In-depth knowledge of Water and Coal testing laboratory Quality control & assurance
- In-depth knowledge to Handle the Stores Management system, Raw Materials and spares GRN, Inventory management System, RGP, NRGP and Weigh bridge system etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Scrap Handling and Scrap Sale management and disposal of Hazardous waste and compliance etc
Educational Qualifications: B.Tech/BE (preferably Chemical). Msc (Chemistry)
Relevant Experience: 8-10 Yrs
- Ensure efficient, cost effective, safe and reliable operation of water treatment plant. Planning the Generation DM water for Day, Month, and Year as per the Power plant requirement.
- Advise and put in place the Process, Systems & Procedures relating to DM water treatment plant and Boiler water treatment program.
- Production and Maintenance of quality of DM water as per standards.
- Water accounting and quantity balancing at plant level
- Chemical treatment in cooling tower as per standard norms for good water quality.
- Maintaining the stock of chemicals for dosing to produce standard clarified water.
- Close monitoring of effluent water generated at various areas of power plant
- Coordinating and monitoring major operation/shutdown activities.
- Ensuring operation of emergency Fire Water Pumps.
- Ensuring compliance of all Quality, Safety and environmental parameters, ISO 14001-EMS implementation and bringing in initiatives like 5S, Six Sigma WCM etc.
- Advise and put in place the Process, Systems & Procedures relating to Coal sampling and testing systems and laboratory process
- Advise and put in place the Process, Systems & Procedures relating to Water, Boiler water and Waste water treatment program
- Ensuring the systems in place for implementing the Vedanta Quality Management framework in the power plant.
- Drive Quality with focus on Analytics, Benchmarking, Innovation & Digitalization
- Support the business in its growth and provide transformational value to Business and Operational Excellence.
- Ensure effective stores management system Raw Materials and spares GRN system, Inventory management System, RGP, NRGP and Road and Inmotion Weigh bridge system etc.
- To ensure the close coordination with customers and interdepartments for sale and hassle-free sale of scrap.
- Ensure effective Scrap Handling and Scrap Sale management and disposal of Hazardous waste and ensure compliance etc.
- Ensuring the Effective MIS and reporting system of Stores, Scrap management along with Monthly PV.
Last date to apply for the internal job posting: 2nd October 2023
Keywords: Chemistry QC, Head Water Chem Job, Vedanta, Mansa, Punjab, India, Operation, Executive, Water Treatment, DM water Plant, Condensate Polishing unit, RO ETP STP operations, Statuary compliances, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS, Boiler water, Cooling water chemistry, Coal Chemistry, Ash Chemistry, Water and Coal testing laboratory, Stores Management system, Raw Materials, spares, Hazardous waste, Scrap Handling