BARC Admission to DDFS-2023 – Chemical Engineering
Applications are invited from Engineering Postgraduates for Admission to DDFS-2023 (formerly known as DGFS-PhD) under the Aegis of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI)
Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) a Deemed to be University offers PhD Programme through DAE Doctoral Fellowship Scheme (DDFS) formerly known as DGFS- PhD for Engineering postgraduates (M. E. / M. Tech. / Equivalent Degree) for pursuing PhD Programme. Several state-ofthe-art laboratories and research facilities required for Nuclear Power Programme of the Department of Atomic Energy are unique to these institutions.
Discipline: Chemical Engineering
Fellowship and Allowance during DDFS PhD Programme
The fellowship under DDFS is tenable for four years. Any further extension is based on the progress made in PhD programme and recommendations of the Competent Authority. In any case, no extension will be given beyond five years.
The amount of fellowship payable under the scheme is Rs.60,000/- pm (Rupees Sixty Thousand Only) and an annual contingency grant of Rs 40,000/- to meet the PhD related expenses. Medical benefits under Contributory Health Services Scheme are available for the DDFS student. The female student will be eligible for maternity leave as per Government of India rules. Hostel accommodation (if available) is mandatory during PhD programme. In case of nonavailability of hostel, DDFS fellows will be eligible for house rent allowance (HRA) as per Government of India rules.
(a)Qualifying Degree and other academic qualifications: Candidates should possess M.E. /
M.Tech. or equivalent postgraduate degree in Chemical Engineering with minimum 60%
Marks. In addition to this, the student should have 60% marks in B. E. /B. Tech. or any other degree considered to enter M.E./M.Tech. programme. The ‘qualifying 60% marks’ should be as per the ordinances of the respective degree awarding university OR equivalent of cumulative grade point average CGPA (converted to % Marks by multiplying with 100/x if the CGPA is on x points scale). Candidates with MCA/IT degree are not eligible.
(b)Age limit: The candidates (general class) desirous of availing DDFS fellowship should have been born on or after August 1, 1995(28 years).
(c)Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen
Selection for DDFS programme is a two-step process:
1) Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria will appear in a written Screening Exam to be held at multiple centers across India (Table 4) on June 18, 2023 (tentative).
2) Candidates will be shortlisted for Selection Interview based on performance in the screening test as well as on previous academic record. There will be 50% weightage for average of M.E./M.Tech (Semester-I and Semester-II percentages) and 50% weightage for percentage in the BARC Screening Exam.
3) The syllabus for Screening Test will be same as that of BE/B Tech.
4) The final selection will be based on performance in the Interview only.
5) The candidates should be prepared for a 10 minutes presentation on their research interest during Interview.
6) Outstation applicants called for Interview will be paid to and fro III AC train fare (from the address of correspondence or the actual place of travel) on production of tickets by shortest route, or actual fare, whichever is less.
How to Apply
Human Resource Development Division (HRDD), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
conducts the exams for DDFS. Only Online Applications will be accepted. Candidates must visit the website https://barcphdexam.com and fill the Online Application form in the period April 26, 2023 to May 18, 2023
About Screening Test
Screening Test is OMR based pen-paper examination. Question Paper in each discipline will
comprise 50 questions with four choices (A, B, C or D), only one of which will be the correct
answer. A candidate who chooses the correct answer will get 3 marks whereas a candidate who chooses a wrong answer will get -1 marks. A candidate who does not attempt a question will get 0 marks for that question. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes. Candidates are not permitted to bring a calculator, mobile phone, smart watch, earphone. or any other Electronic device inside the Examination Hall. Candidates are also advised not to wear headcover, ornamental outfits and jewelry while reporting to the examination hall.
Constituent Institutions (CIs) of HBNI for DDFS students
There are 11 Constituent Institutions (CIs) of HBNI. The selected students will be admitted to one of the four Constituent Institutions listed below
(1) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai;
(2) Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam;
(3) Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar;
(4) Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata.
These centers have been in the forefront of research in various branches of engineering viz.
chemical, computer, electrical, electronics, instrumentation, mechanical, metallurgical or materials and nuclear Engineering. Several state-of-the-art laboratories and research facilities are unique to these institutions. The PhD. Programme in Engineering Sciences is extremely challenging in view of the expanding Nuclear Power Programme of the Department of Atomic Energy. For the motivated candidates, it offers considerable scope to realize their potential while simultaneously contributing to the important task of nation building in this highly specialized area.
List of Screening Examination Centres
6. Delhi NCR
- Publish of Advertisement in Newspaper April 25, 2023
- Launch of Online Application Portal April 26, 2023
- Last Date for Online Application May 18, 2023
- Download of Admit Cards From 3rd June, 2023 onwards
- Screening Examination June 18, 2023 (Tentative)
- Declaration of List of Candidates shortlisted for Selection Interview June 23, 2023
- Selection Interviews July 6, 2023
- Declaration of List of Selected Candidates July 14, 2023
View Main Notification
Editors Note: BARC Admission to DDFS-2023 BARC Admission to DDFS-2023 Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.