Job Opportunity For Chemistry Candidates – IISER Tirupati
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country. The Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on a purely
Job Title: Project Associate
Project Title: Conversion of CO2 to Value added product – Polycarbonate
Funding Agency GAIL (India) Ltd (Industry Sponsored)
Principal Investigator Dr. E. Balaraman (PI)
Project Code 30520093
Minimum Qualifications M.Sc. in chemistry equivalent degree with minimum 55%
marks or equivalent grade from a recognized University with either two years of research experience or qualification of CSIR-UGC NET/Lectureship/GATE/National level examinations
conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions.
Fellowship Rs. 28,000/- (Consolidated emolument per month)
No. of posts One(1)
• Synthesis of organic ligands and inorganic/organometallic complexes and their characterization
• Synthesis of heterogeneous catalytic materials and their characterization
• To carry out high-pressure catalytic reactions
• Synthesis of CO2-derived polymers and their characterization
Tenure The position is temporary for an initial period of six months and renewable after every six months subject tosatisfactory performance for a maximum duration of two years. The position is co-terminus with the project.
Age Not more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement.
How to Apply:
1. Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) to [email protected] on or before the last date i.e. 5.00 PM. on 10th October
2022. Please mention the name of the Post and Post Code in the subject line of the email.
Note: (Sending only resume/CV by email will not be considered a complete application).
2. List of shortlisted candidates for the further selection process will be notified through email only. Therefore, please mention your active Mobile Number and Email ID in the application form. (Tentative Interview date: 14th October 2022 via virtual mode).
3. Recent passport-size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other
testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at an
4. The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of information submitted / documents and photograph. It is the responsibility of the candidate to assess his / her own eligibility to the post(s) for which he / she is appearing in accordance to this advertisement. If it is detected at any time in future, during the process of selection or even after appointment that the candidate was not eligible as per the prescribed eligibility criteria in this advertisement, which could not be detected at the time of selection for whatsoever reason, his/her candidature/appointment shall be liable to be cancelled/terminated immediately.
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT THE POST
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on the termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in t he Funding
Agency or in IISER Tirupati.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the
funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of
same does not entitled candidates to be called for an interview. Where the number of
applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or
possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening
Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a
reasonable limit after taking into consideration the qualifications and experience over and
above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all their qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
7. No interim inquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
8. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
9. Candidates selected for this position (Project Associate) can also apply for the regular Ph.D. program of IISER Tirupati, provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Last date 5.00 P.M. on 10th October 2022
Editors Note: Job Opportunity Job Opportunity For Chemistry Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.