NISER Bhubaneswar PhD Program 2022 Announced
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission in the Ph.D program scheduled
to commence from 3rd January 2022 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar:
Department: School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
Eligibility Criteria: 60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied Chemistry fields. Students with a Master’s degree in any branch of BasicSciences with an undergraduate degree in Chemistry (chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in applied chemistry or Computer Sciences with an interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply.
Requirement of Qualifying in National Level Examinations for pursuing Ph.D
School of Chemical Sciences -Candidates should have qualified at least one of these
National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC NET (LS or JRF)/GATEvalid for the
the academic year 2021-2022.
(a) The cut-off marks for national examination such as GATE/JEST/GPAT/NBHM/JGEEBILS/CSIR-UGC-NET etc will be further decided
by each School for the relevant subject area.
(b) As per HBNI Ordinance, students having DST INSPIRE Doctoral Fellowship ONLY,
without qualifying any other national level written examination as mentioned above
at S.No 2, will not be considered for admission to the Ph.D. program in NISER.
(c) Candidates with GPA in qualifying degree may need to produce the conversion
note (in case it is not mentioned in their mark sheet) from their institution towards
calculation of percentage.
1. Students with institute fellowship from NISER will be eligible to draw Rs. 31,000/-
for the first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs. 35,000/- for
the remaining three years, subject to the condition that he/she fulfills all the
requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
2. Students with an external fellowship from agencies viz. CSIR, UGC, etc will be eligible
to draw fellowship as per the extant rules of the respective funding agencies
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates
among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy
additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a
written test, if necessary, for admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the
selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend
candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the
Institute. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
How to Apply
- The application form has to be filled out online at http://www.niser.ac.in and
candidates should follow the stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the
application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online
form, the candidate should upload a soft copy of the supporting documents as per the
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up separate
online application forms for each school with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the
referee on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of the interview.
A copy of the reference letter is available online.
- NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for
- Online application will be activated on – 01.10.2021
- Last date for filling up the online application – 31.10.2021
- A list of candidates shortlisted for test/interview will be uploaded on the NISER website
during the second week of November. The dates for the test/interview will also be
- Each school will send the call letters to the candidates separately. Kindly refer to the
website for the announcement of the selected candidates.
- The registration is scheduled to be held before the commencement of classes. The
dates will be communicated in due course of time.
- If you have any further query, kindly send an email to email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,for Biological Sciences,
Chemical Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematical Sciences respectively.
Applicants are encouraged to visit school web page for more information on
Address for communication and more details
Dean, Academic Affairs,
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),
P.O.-Jatni, Dist-Khurda, Odisha-752050
View Main Notification
Editors Note: NISER Bhubaneswar PhD Program Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.