Chemistry Laboratory Assistant Job – Shiv Nadar University
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant Job Applications are invited for the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Sciences. Shiv Nadar University invites postgraduate MSc Chemistry candidates for the post of Professor. Interested candidates may apply. Check out all the details
Position: Laboratory Assistant – Center for Environmental Sciences & Engineering
Job Id: 185
Department: Center for Environmental Sciences & Engineering (CESE)
Job Type: Regular
No. of Positions: 1
Purpose of Job: The Laboratory Assistant will oversee the usage and upkeep of types of equipment, chemicals, glassware, etc. and assist the researchers in the laboratory in experimentation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To assist all researchers in conducting experiments, collection of samples, recording observations in the lab/ field and providing help in data analysis and data transfer.
- To download and maintain weather data from Automatic Weather Station.
- To maintain records of instruments such as AMC, usage, chemical usage and requirements of chemicals, glassware, etc. and to procure necessary common consumables as and when required for efficient running of the Lab.
- To maintain the booking schedule of various equipment for users.
- To prepare Solutions, Reagents, Stains, Culture media as required
- To clean used glassware, sterilize glassware and culture media
- To maintain up to date record of all consumables – chemicals, glasswares in the Lab.
- To maintain an account, bills related to laboratory materials and submit bills to finance
- To assist faculty in floristic studies, collection of plants, preparation of herbarium specimens, mounting on herbarium sheets.
- Maintenance and up keep of SNU Herbarium.
- To maintain cleanliness in the laboratory and getting it cleaned by the concerned persons.
- Good Knowledge of working of common laboratory equipments, instruments,
- Good Knowledge of laboratory techniques in Botany/ Microbiology/ Environmental sciences: preparation of reagents, solutions, stains, sterilization of glassware, preparation of culture media, etc.
- Good knowledge of plant collection, herbarium preparation, maintenance of herbarium.
- Basic knowledge of computers for maintenance of records
Other Specification: Prepared to work even during holidays as and when required
Education Qualifications: B.Sc. 1st Div. Chemistry; MSc 1st Div. Chemistry/ Environmental Science; Laboratory Technicians Diploma/Certificate course.
Experience Range (Yrs.): Two years in the relevant field
Editor’s Note: Shiv Nadar University job opening. JRF Job Opening 2019 – Application Details, Junior research fellow job opening 2019, junior research fellow job 2019, Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.