Lovely Professional University: Phd Chemistry Programme 2019
The notification for the Admission to Ph.D. Program – 2019-20 Summer Session has been announced at Lovely Professional University. Interested applicants can check details on the eligibility criteria, courses offers, application procedure, research areas, contact details, and application link all given below:
Emphasizes on off-the-shelf research to create new knowledge and explore future challenges. The researcher is expected to identify the research gaps, formulate objectives, develop methodologies for finding solutions to real life problems.
- Master’s degree with 55% aggregate marks in a relevant discipline or equivalent, subject to clearing LPUNEST and Interview;
- Other conditions as prescribed in the Guidelines for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
- (5% relaxation to SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled candidates)
• An applicant will be short listed for interview on the basis of his/ her score in the entrance examination LPUNEST (Ph.D.).
• The final selection for admission in Ph.D. will be based on the performance in Entrance Test (70% weightage) and Interview (30% weightage) subject to scoring minimum marks in the Interview.
(for 30% Scholarship)
(i.e. 30% of Programme Fee)
- Examination fee (per semester) is Rs. 2500 and examination fee of 1st semester is payable along with the fee of 2nd semester or before.
- Examination fee includes fee for the evaluation of Seminars/ Presentation/ Annual Reports to be submitted/ prepared by the candidates after every term (semester).
- Fee for successive semesters will be payable before the end of teaching of preceding semester.
- Applicants may have to pay the additional charges as decided by the university on account of:
- Thesis evaluation fee of Rs. 15000 is payable during the final thesis submission.
- Expenditure in excess of amount, approved by DDB or provided by sponsoring agency for carrying out Instrumentation, Lab/ Experimentation/ Workshops/ Seminars/ Training/ Surveys/ Internships/ Projects etc.
- The term ‘Programme fee’ as mentioned above, includes – Tuition and Development fees; University Fee for Registration/ Enrolment, Cultural, Sports, Club activities, Co-curricular activities etc.; Fee for Additional Services/ Facilities for Contingency, Outreach, Placement, Medical, Counselor etc. as prescribed by the University.
- The examination fee and programme fee as mentioned above shall be paid for all terms (semesters) till the completion of the programme.
- For Fee other than programme fee, please refer the head ‘Fee for Additional Services/ Facilities’ of ‘General Guidelines for Admissions’ in Part C of the Prospectus-2019.
- ‘Terms and Conditions for LPU – Scholarship and its different phases’ as mentioned in Part B of Prospectus-2019 must be referred.
- Semester Fee is to be paid by the Ph.D. scholars as per schedule/ announcements otherwise scholar may get de-registered from the programme.
- If the Fee of the programme is reduced due to any reason, scholarship amount for all the brackets/ categories will be reduced proportionately i.e. fee after scholarship etc. will not be reduced and will remain same.
- For students enrolled under Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) and/ or other such scholarship schemes, the University may take full fee directly from the student, and/ or security amount as deemed fit by the university.
- For aggregate marks in qualifying exam, refer clause ‘Eligibility’ under General Guidelines for Admissions etc. in Part C of Prospectus-2019.
- Scholarship is applicable for minimum duration of the Programme i.e. 3 years.
- LPU Teaching Fellowship is applicable for 3 years (From the date of selection for Teaching Fellowship) (subject to successful completion of half-yearly review process)
Modes of Payment
- (i) Demand Draft/ Pay Order in favor of
” LOVELY FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCES”
- payable at
- .(ii) Cash can be deposited only at
Division of Admissions at the University Campus in Phagwara (Punjab).
- (iii) Credit Card/Debit Card (only for online submission of Application)
- How To Apply:
STEP 1 – Signup
- Register onto LPU’ s admission portal with basic details (Name, Email ID, Mobile No, and Gender). Your email id will act as your username for the portal and password will be set by you while registering on the portal.
- You will get a mail on your registered email id regarding this.
- Login to the LPU’s admission portal with already created username / password
STEP 2 – Apply for LPUNEST (Entrance and Scholarship Test)
- Deposit the test fee (Male applicants: Rs. 500/-, Female applicants: Rs. 250/-)
- Fill the test application form
- Select the concerned subject
- Select the state / city for appearing in LPUNEST
- Appear in the test
STEP 3 – Result and Interview
- Get your scorecard.
- Appear for Interview (After qualifying written test)
- Schedule and venue for interview will be displayed on your result page.
- Appear for interview
- Get the result of interview.
- After qualifying interview, deposit the documents and take admission.
Editor’s Note: Ph.D. admission programme, Ph.D. admission, Phd Chemistry admission, Phd Chemistry, Lovely professional university, LPU, Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma jobs.