IISER Bhopal PhD Chemistry Programme 2019- Application Details
Ph.D. chemistry programme 2019 @ IISER Bhopal. IISER Bhopal – Department of Chemistry encourages MSc chemistry candidates, to apply for a Phd Programme. Phd chemistry Admission at IISER Bhopal. IISER Bhopal Ph.D. admission 2019 MSc candidates can apply according to the details given below:
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. programme in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry for the semester commencing from August 2019.
Area of Research:
Supramolecular Chemistry; Crystallography; Transition Metal Chemistry; Molecular Materials; Organometallic Chemistry; Bio-inorganic Chemistry.
Synthetic Organic Chemistry; Natural Products; Organometallic Chemistry; Asymmetric Catalysis; Chemical Biology; Molecular Biology; Polymers; Biomaterials.
Electrochemistry: supercapacitors and electrocatalysis; Bionanotechnology; Biophysics; Polymers; Functional Nanomaterials; Ultrafast Spectroscopy; Computational Materials Science and Computational Physical and Biophysical Chemistry
- M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Mathematics in the 10+2 level is desirable.
- Additionally, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/GATE/UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF/INSPIRE-PhD/NET-LS/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other recognized score is mandatory. The certificate/fellowship MUSTbe valid at the time of admission
GATE examination is exempt for those with B.Tech. from IITs or BS-MS from IISERs with CGPA/CPI more than 8.0 on a 10 point scale.
- Students whose results for CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or INSPIRE-PhD or any other equivalent fellowship are awaited may also apply with their roll number(s) mentioned in the application. Such candidates may walk-in for the interview provided they have qualified for any of the above fellowship before the interview date.
- All communication with candidates will be by e-mail only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, your application number must be mentioned in the subject line.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for PhD programme. However, if selected, admission to the PhD programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before joining the Institute.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the shortlisted candidates.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Date of interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST/PD candidates appearing for the interview as per Govt. of India norms.
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview.||April 22, 2019 (Monday)|
|Interview of Shortlisted Candidates.||May 20-21, 2019 (Monday-Tuesday)|
|Announcement of Interview Results||May 23, 2019 (Tuesday)|
|Registration for the Ph.D. Programme.||31 July 2019 (Wednesday)|