Johnson & Johnson
Janssen, the pharmaceutical division of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in India, in oncology, immunology, neurosciences & analgesia, dermatology, infectious diseases and metabolic diseases in India. Driven by a strong commitment to the health and well-being of patients, Janssen India brings innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen recognizes the impact of serious conditions on people’s lives, and aims to empower people through disease awareness, education and access to quality care in six therapeutic areas.
Job Title: District Manager
The position is an individual contributor and the incumbent will be responsible for driving business growth in assigned territory, maintaining effective customer relations, mapping territory potential, cascading science behind brands with benefits of brands and collaborating with KOLs.
- Drives business growth in assigned territory by delivering on budgeted sales objectives on a continuous basis through effective customer relationship management, distributor management and inventory management in adherence to company’s compliance standards
- Executes plans for conducting scientific activities such as CMEs, developing CRM strategy and ensuring effective execution of marketing campaigns in order to achieve objectives through sales and servicing of customers in prescribed territory
- Reviews and analyzes customer prescriptions/ product sales and executes improvement plans for achieving sales targets
- Maps potential of territory and relates it to market trends and competitors’ activities
- Analyzes sales reports, forecasts and documents.
- Achieves daily call averages for meetings with doctors and chemists.
- Summarizes doctors’ and chemists’ call details and reports the same to Area Business Manager, Dermatology.
- Builds sustainable, long term relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in assigned territory
- Maps potential of territory and develops new KOLs
- Participates in RCPA (Retail Chemist Prescription Audit) to identify potential customers, prepare and update doctors’ list, choose right chemists for doctors and build new relationships
- Follows up with customers for resolving any issues and ensuring satisfaction
- Collaborates with other departments for ensuring timely resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Science / Pharma
- Total experience of 4-8 years of Pharmaceutical sales with proven performance track record
Strategy (Learning Level)
Selling (Learning Level)
Agility (Learning Level)
Area Management (Learning Level)
Market Knowledge and Compliance (Learning Level)
Financial Acumen (Learning Level)
- Collaboration and Partnering (Learning Level)
- Decision Making (Learning Level)
- Influence and Impact (Learning Level)
- Customer Insights (Learning Level)
- Inclusion and Diversity Management (Learning Level)
- Ethical Conduct (Learning Level)
Good to have
- Change Management (Learning Level)
- Risk Management (Learning Level)
- Team Building and Development (Learning Level)
- Coaching and Mentoring (Learning Level)