PhD Admissions January 2018
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM), starting January 2018.
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria.
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent [See point-1 under the heading “Important Points” below for relaxation in the eligibility criteria].
- The candidate must have qualified CSIR-UGC-JRF/GATE examinations valid as on 1st January 2018 or DST INSPIRE Ph. D. fellowship [See point-2 under the heading “Important Points” below for INSPIRE Ph. D Fellowship].
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at IISER-TVM. The selection of the candidate will be based on the performance in the interview. Research Areas:
- Inorganic and organometallic chemistry
- Organic synthesis, Medicinal chemistry, Carbohydrate chemistry, Chemical Biology
- Organic Synthesis/DNA Nanotechnology/Supramolecular Chemistry
- Solution and solid-state NMR spectroscopy
- Inorganic & Materials Chemistry
- Development of new synthetic strategies, C–H activations and Asymmetric catalysis
- Planar pi-conjugated and extended macrocyclic systems
- Photochemistry, Photophysics, Nanomaterials, Nanoclusters
- Biomass conversion
- Hybrid inorganic-organic materials chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy
- Asymmetric synthesis and Catalysis
- Bio inspired coordination chemistry
- Fuel cells and electro-catalysis
- Applicants should complete the online application form in the url http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
[Only Properly submitted applications would be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not forget to click the “submit” button after completing your application]
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate and national level examination (CSIR/NBHM/Inspire etc.) online. Before proceeding with the application please go through the required documents list which is to be made ready.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form.
- GE/OBC applicants are required to make a payment of Rs. 200/- and SC/ST/PH candidates need to pay Rs. 100/- as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account.
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post hard copy of the application to IISER-TVM.
- In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the PhD coordinator
[[email protected]]. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
- Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the test and interview.
|Online Application will be available at http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd from||9th September 2017|
|Last date of receipt of the application form||10th October 2017|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates on the Institute’s website http://www.iisertvm.ac.in||20th October 2017|
|Interview for the short-listed candidates in Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences||20– 24th November 2017|