Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Program Scientist (Clinical Biochemistry) at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology.
Job Title – Program Scientist
Position Overview –
RGCB is looking for a Program Scientist to lead and support development of mass spectrometry (MS) based clinical biochemical assays. This is an exciting opportunity to join the RGCB Medical Laboratory Services Program. The Program Scientist will be primarily responsible for establishing MS based clinical assays for Inherited Metabolic Diseases, Newborn Screening Services, Endocrine markers, stone analysis (FT-IR) and an Anti-TNF therapeutic drug monitoring service. The Program Scientist will devote 70% of time developing the above described and related assays and 30% time teaching and training personnel and students.
Job Tenure – As part of the continuing Institute Plan Project on RGCB Medical Laboratory Services (initially for 1 year and extendable after performance evaluation).
Age – The applicant should be below the age of 45 years as on September 15, 2017
Essential Qualifications –
- MD or PhD in Biochemistry or PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related fields.
- A minimum of three years experience using mass spectrometry for applied research or sample analysis including methodology development.
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory including experimental design, sample preparation, operation of scientific equipment and data interpretation.
- Strong background in data analysis, including statistical analysis and spectral interpretation.
- Confident and effective communicator
Pay : As per RGCB rules for Program Scientists and Technology Associates.
How to Apply:
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply and will be called for interview.
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications with a photograph, a copy of full resume to reach the undersigned on or before 30th November 2017. Envelopes must be superscripted with advertisement number and job title. Application can also be submitted by email to [email protected] .
Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise. Applications are to be sent to: Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695 014, India.
Application Deadline – 30th November 2017.