Join as Lead Research Scientist – Zeolite Catalysis @ Reliance Group
The Reliance Group is India’s largest private sector enterprise, with businesses in the energy and materials value chain. Group’s annual revenues are in excess of US$ 73bn. The flagship company, Reliance Industries Limited, is a Fortune Global 114 company and is the largest private sector company in India. Backward vertical integration has been the cornerstone of the evolution and growth of Reliance. Starting with textiles in the late seventies, Reliance pursued a strategy of backward vertical integration – in polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics, petrochemicals, petroleum refining and oil and gas exploration and production – to be fully integrated along the materials and energy value chain.
The Group’s activities span exploration and production of oil and gas, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals (polyester, fibre intermediates, plastics and chemicals), textiles, retail, infotel and special economic zones.
Reliance enjoys global leadership in its businesses, being the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top five to ten producers in the world of major petrochemical products. Major Group Companies are Reliance Industries Limited, including its subsidiaries and Reliance Industrial Infrastructure Limited.
Post Title: Zeolite Catalysis – Lead ResearchScientist
Req ID: 109669
- Lead research programs. Manage third party engagements.
- Facilitate improvements in products/processes.
- Mentoring and ownership for specific project of expertise and responsible for multiple projects under defined area.
- Prioritizing assignments and setting milestones in a changing environment.
- Coordinating inter functional activities and identifying process/characterization /solution to solve with a technique of expertise or strategy planning to provide solutions to R&D problems.
- Lead defined research programmes in Heterogeneous Zeolite Catalysis
- Prepare draft proposal for research programmes. Obtain related technical approvals
- Project planning, design of experiments and scale-up
- Prepare charter for zeolite catalysis research projects
- Prioritise and set milestones for heterogeneous Catalysis team
- Address and help resolve product related issues faced by customers
- Understand the need of business/manufacturing /customer requirement. Jointly work out strategy to provide research support.
- Approve SOPs
- Decide newer approaches for analysis
- Acquire mastery in Heterogeneous Catalysis especially zeolite catalysis.
- Mentoring all subordinates & team members and ensure knowledge continuity in Heterogeneous catalysis area
- Identify learning needs of zeolite Catalysis team
- Dissemination of learning from projects within Heterogeneous catalysis team
- Monitor and audit compliance with applicable HSE procedures/ practices
- Track new regulations (local and international) and provide structured mechanism for compliance
- Critical assessment of available information and data base
- Responsible for preparing research / analytical reports
- Identify need and manage defined third party engagement in area of speciality
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills):
- Teaching ability, effective communication, achievement orientation, assertiveness, motivator, building & maintaining relationships
- Prioritisation if project assignments
- Setting milestones in a changing environment
- Coordination of inter-functional activities
- Team building
- Decide on the initiatives for overcoming the resource constraints
- Prioritise alternative solutions / remedies
- Prioritise amongst technology alternatives depending on long term excellence versus costs
- Evaluation of patent / publication worthiness
- Multiple disciplines, technical recommendations, extra-mural activities, third party engagement in Heterogeneous catalysis area
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications):
- PhD in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in heterogeneous catalysis
Reliance has six Values and associated behaviors which are the essential and enduring tenets underpinning all decisions and way of life at Reliance and every employee is expected to abide by them. We are also committed to adhering to our candidate charter to deliver the best candidate experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online via the link below.