R&D Scientist (Organic Polymers) at Sea6 Energy Pvt Ltd.
Sea6 Energy Pvt Ltd. · Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
Company Profile: At Sea6 Energy we envision a future where we can harness the potential of the oceans – to provide sustainable solutions in energy, agriculture and food. To accomplish this, a multidisciplinary team with professionals from diverse fields of science including Industrial automation, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Ocean Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Marine biology and Aerospace Engineering – all with the goal of building a whole new economy based on the oceans. Sea6 Energy is exploring new and innovative ideas and endeavors to generate technologies that add value to people’s lives at every stage of its operations.
We are seeking an R&D Scientist (Organic/Polymer), with a strong understanding of core chemistry or polymer chemistry who can synthesize organic molecules or polymers as part of Sea6Energy Private Limited. The R&D Scientist will be responsible for the preparation and testing of organic intermediates, biodegradable polymers/biomaterials, and product formulations under the supervision of senior members to support various product development projects and initiatives.
- PhD in chemistry or polymer chemistry or master’s in chemistry or polymer chemistry with 2 years of industrial experience in synthetic organic chemistry or polymer chemistry
- Strong background and hands-on experience in organic synthesis or monomers/intermediates, or polymer synthesis with a proven track record
- Experience of industrial or academic research in the chemical or plastics industry
- Fundamental understanding of structure-property-relationship in the area of organic molecules and polymers
- Strong skills in the scientific method and the use of statistics for data-driven research
- Practical knowledge of basic organic chemical reactions, multi-step synthesis, separation, and purification techniques
- Skills in separation and purification techniques
- Knowledge and experience of analytical characterization techniques for the interpretation of chemical structures of organic molecules/polymers and mechanical and thermal properties of polymers
- Knowledge of the chemistry behind polymer stabilization and reaction pathways
- Strong competencies in using Microsoft Office for documentation and report writing
Link to Original Notification to apply: Click here
Keywords: R&D Scientist, Organic Polymers, Sea6 Energy Pvt Ltd, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India