Huntsman Chemistry Senior Research Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Chemistry Senior Research Scientist Vacancy 2021. Huntsman Corporation is a publicly-traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2020 revenues of approximately $6 billion.
Job Title: Senior Research Scientist – Polymer Synthesis
Education / Experience
- The job holder must have an equivalent of a Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Chemistry. A broad base of experience in polymer chemistry, synthesis, and advanced characterization is necessary.
- 5-10 years of prior experience in the design & development of new prepolymers for Polyurethane markets.
- Demonstrated expertise in polymer and prepolymer characterizations.
- Job holders must be a skilled and experienced user of a variety of IT tools and techniques in order to ensure efficient design, analytical, and communication processes.
Skills and Knowledge
- Highly innovative and willing to take initiative to tackle complex technical challenges.
- Able to apply good project management principles to own work.
- Good communication skills and fluency in English. Other languages are an asset.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel globally
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities
- Ensure full compliance with safety, health and environmental guidelines according to site and company standards in all areas of responsibility, including laboratory facilities and testing equipment. Promote safety behavior according to the above guidelines.
- Design, agree, plan and independently carry out non-routine, innovative experimental programs and specify the timing and resource needs. Independently seek information and find solutions to problems encountered during the execution of the experimental programs.
- Communicate the outputs, conclusions and recommendations to the project stakeholders in order to provide a technical basis for strategic decisions.
Write technical reports in line with the report guidelines and secure peer review and line management approval prior to publication.
- Maintain an advanced awareness of “state-of-the-art” polymer chemistry in order to develop the polymer synthesis competency further. The job holder is expected to enhance her/his area of research and technical expertise by maintaining an up-to-date
- knowledge of key scientific competitive developments in polymer science.
Apply advanced polymer science to create ideas and to propose development programs for innovation in the fields of polymer chemistry targeted at achieving competitive advantage, thereby contributing to strategic business development opportunities.
- Provide consultancy to the ISC business teams and advise in the resolution of relevant non-routine technical problems.
- Act as the main researcher and project leader in several R&D projects, meeting project milestones and directing and reviewing supporting activities.
- Keep abreast of relevant competitive IP literature in order to direct own research and to develop a strategically aligned intellectual property portfolio in the field of polymer science and write appropriate invention reports.
Other general responsibilities:
- Job holder must be an innovative and analytical thinker who is able to influence key individuals of all disciplines and levels inside and outside the organization in order to progress innovation.
- Job holder needs a high degree of initiative and problem-solving skills, together with a positive, independent and self-managing attitude.
Job holders must be able to communicate with different business teams and academics around the world which requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills are necessary to build internal and external networks.
- The job holder will be responsible for proposing and writing reports, not only for internal use but for eventual publication and/or presentation at relevant conferences.
- Job holders must be fluent communicators in English. Other languages are an asset.
- Job holders must be prepared to occasionally travel globally and work across international boundaries.
Editors Note: Huntsman Chemistry Senior Research Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.