NIT Meghalaya Chemistry Jobs – Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research for the project entitled “Synthesis of biocompatible silver and gold nanoparticles using dietary polyphenols as reducing agents: Further investigation into their binding efficacies with the carrier proteins, biomolecular detections, anti-bacterial properties and cell cytotoxicity” under SERB, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (File No.: CRG/2019/000852) in the Department of Chemistry, NIT Meghalaya.
Job Title: JRF
Principal investigator: Dr Atanu Singha Roy
No. of position available: One (01)
Eligibility: M.Sc. in Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Biochemistry (with valid NET or GATE score) with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent CGPA in the Master’s degree. Relaxation for SC/ST & PH as per GOI norms.
Age limit: Must not be over 28 years as on June 10, 2020 (relaxable as per the norms/orders of GOI).
Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- month for first 02 years and Rs. 35,000/- month for the third year.
Duration: Initial appointment is for one year, which is extendable up to 3 years solely based on the performance.
General terms and conditions.
- Please apply through the application form.
- Append your self-attested scanned copies of the certificates, the application form and send to [email protected] as a single PDF file on or before 10-06-2020 (June 10, 2020). The applications received after the mentioned date will not be considered further.
The subject of the email should contain “Application for the post of JRF in the project (CRG/2019/000852)”. Project No. : CRG/2019/000852
- The body of the mail should highlight your eligibility for the JRF position with a SOP of 100 words.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed through email for the interview by 15-06-2020.
Physical/Skype/Google Meet based Interview will be held. The same will be informed by email.
- The position is purely temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three (03) years. The candidate selected for this position may also apply for the regular PhD program of NIT Meghalaya as per the eligibility criteria.
- Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark-sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview (may not be applicable for Skype/Google Meet based interview).
- For any types of query, the candidates may communicate directly to the PI of the project, Dr Atanu Singha Roy, Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology Meghalaya, via e-mail: [email protected]
Date, time and venue of the Interview
Date: June 25, 2020 (Thursday)
Time: 10.00 AM onwards
Venue: Meeting Room (Academic Block) (not applicable for Skype/Google Meet based interview)
N.B. For more information please visit the Institute website: http://nitmeghalaya.in/nitmeghalaya/
Editor’s Note: NIT Meghalaya Chemistry Jobs Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.